SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 17, 2018, 05:34:03 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 05:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: xhtml standards compliance « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: xhtml standards compliance  (Read 3451 times)
EOBeav

[-] xhtml standards compliance
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »

Hi there, I know you are coming out with the new version of Snippetmaster really soon (yay!).  Will the code it procudes be compliant with xhtml standards from w3.org?  Snippetmaster currently produces code that uses capitals for html tags (example:  <P> and <H3>), along with some other tags deprecated by w3.  Will this be fixed in the next version?  When I signed the contract with my current client, I agreed that anything I wrote for them would be valid by w3 standards.  I'm going to have to amend that to exclude code in between the "snippet" tags. 

Thanks so much.  I'm really looking forward to the new version!
Report to moderator   Logged

The list is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: xhtml standards compliance
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:56 AM »

The code that is produced by the new editor will be xhtml standards compliant.  I'm not really "up" on the standards, but this is what the vendor claims for the editor.  (I have purchased the new editor instead of creating my own... since it is much better this way because creating the first editor was a LOT of work and things are much more complicated now and it would take forever to build a new one... and it's pointless when I can just buy one.)

So yes.. it should be xhtml compliant.  Smile
EOBeav

[-] Re: xhtml standards compliance
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 06:17:03 AM »

(I have purchased the new editor instead of creating my own... since it is much better this way because creating the first editor was a LOT of work and things are much more complicated now and it would take forever to build a new one... and it's pointless when I can just buy one.)

That's exactly the reason why I started using SnippetMaster.  I started out the summer determined to learn php and MySQL so that I could build a content management system for a client.  About midway through the process, I came across SnippetMaster, and I thought, why re-invent the wheel?  I've got better things to do with my time! 

Glad to hear the new one will be standards compliant.  I'm looking forward to putting it to work.

The list is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: xhtml standards compliance « previous next »
Jump to: