SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 24, 2018, 11:30:43 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2018, 11:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Editing white text « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Editing white text  (Read 3971 times)
filmdave

[-] Editing white text
« on: September 10, 2002, 03:46:30 PM »

I've set up snippetmaster to help my father in law with *zero* web experience run a small info site -- with only one small problem...

The font on the site is white text against a dark green background.  When I run snippetmaster, I have to highlight the field to show the text, as it is displayed as white on white.  Can I change the bg color of the editing interface so that it will show white text?

Thanks!

PS - Just cos you asked in the FAQ, I'd love to be able to have more than one snippet per page -- I'm trying to really protect a site from a true meddling novice...
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Editing white text
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 04:37:44 AM »

Wow.. that's a good question.  (about changing the editor background.)

I've tried to figure this out, but I'm stumped.  If anyone is reading this and can get figure out how to do this.. please let me know.

Cheers!
filmdave

[-] Editing white text
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 11:07:45 AM »

Thanks for looking into it!  

In the short term, I've simply highlighted the entire snippet and applied the page background color to the text bg color (in this case 003300).  This allows you to see the text, but doesn't exactly give you a great sense of the feel of the page.  My father-in-law will get over it  Cool

Thanks for a terrific app that is exactly what I was looking for!

I'll be sending a thank you payment as soon as I get my next paycheck!!
mephitic

[-] Editing white text
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 02:42:30 PM »

For now just type the text in black. Once everything is where you want it, highlight it and change the text to white. Then submit. Very easy work around for a great product Smile
rellis

[-] Editing white text
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2002, 10:39:47 PM »

Idea  In IE6 you can apply a background color to the edit area.  Go to Tools / Internet Options / General / Colors.  Uncheck the "use Windows colors" box and set background to something like light gray.  Of course, this will effect similar UI elements in other web pages.

-ray
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Editing white text « previous next »
Jump to: