SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 20, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2018, 06:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: 4 domain names, but only one website. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 4 domain names, but only one website.  (Read 4501 times)
uctqacr

[-] 4 domain names, but only one website.
« on: April 06, 2005, 04:01:45 AM »

Hi, I have a question.    

I have a single website that draws in 4 domain names: .co.uk, .com, .net, .org.

My question is, will a regular licence be a problem for me?

I have just purchased a regular licence, and I suppose I should have realy asked this question prior to the purchase.     But I needed to buy it anyway, so it would not make any difference.

Thanks......
Report to moderator   Logged
Dwight

[-] Re: 4 domain names, but only one website.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 08:28:02 AM »

Quote from: uctqacr
Hi, I have a question.    

I have a single website that draws in 4 domain names: .co.uk, .com, .net, .org.

My question is, will a regular licence be a problem for me?

I have just purchased a regular licence, and I suppose I should have realy asked this question prior to the purchase.     But I needed to buy it anyway, so it would not make any difference.

Thanks......

I can't speak for Henri, but I hope it won't matter. I have web sites with the same conditions. I would think, as long as it's one site, on one server, then the number of pointed domain names wouldn't matter. But that's my opinion, and may not be the same as the publisher.

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] 4 domain names, but only one website.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:57:31 AM »

As long as it's a "single" website then I will give you four license keys and you can figure out which one is needed.

The problem you might face is that the license key is "tied" to a domain name.  So if your customers hit your site with domain1.com, then that's the license key that would be needed.  If they hit with domain2.com, then that's the key that's needed.

What might end up happening is the installation won't work properly except with the one domain name since the software can only have one license key.

Go ahead and purchase the software and in the special notes area just let me know the "extra" domains.  I'll give you keys for each of them and you can try it out.  

Of course if it doesn't work to your satisfaction I will refund your money.  Smile
uctqacr

[-] Thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 02:01:58 AM »

Hi,

I think the best thing to do in this type of scenario, is to insist that the user administrates the site through one domain name ONLY.

Thanks in advance.....
Dwight

[-] Re: Thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »

Hi,

I think the best thing to do in this type of scenario, is to insist that the user administrates the site through one domain name ONLY.

Thanks in advance.....
This is correct...  the ADMIN, updating of the page shoulld be through the domain with the licence key... the VISITOR'S to the site are coming into the same site through different doors... but once inside it doesn't matter how they get there, they see the same content..

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: 4 domain names, but only one website. « previous next »
Jump to: