SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 09:10:01 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 09:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Ability to create new pages « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ability to create new pages  (Read 4199 times)
Acert93

[-] Ability to create new pages
« on: March 15, 2005, 07:39:28 PM »

Hello Henri,

I was testing some basic programs for client file uploads today and found that webadmin.php worked well. Very small, basic script (65k I believe). One nice feature it has is the ability to create files and folders.

It would be nice if Snippetmaster could allow the creation of new (X)HTML files. Even better would be for the Admin to set their own "template" file, and when a user selected "create new file" it created the file from the template. This would allow pre-defined templates to be quickly employed.

On an off related note, I am excited about the new release. One idea I want to play with is a Vertical Navigation bar that uses <ul> and CSS. Put this information in its own file, and call it on the main page through php-includes or SSI. This would allow a user to quickly add a new nav button to a page; and if used with Includes technology it could quickly update ALL their pages. Actually, I think this could be done now Wink May have to give it a test!

Great work Henri, keep it up!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Ability to create new pages
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

Quote from: Acert93
It would be nice if Snippetmaster could allow the creation of new (X)HTML files. Even better would be for the Admin to set their own "template" file, and when a user selected "create new file" it created the file from the template. This would allow pre-defined templates to be quickly employed.

Excellent suggestion.  I have just added this idea to the list of "stuff to add to future versions of Snippetmaster".

Very Happy

Thanks!
Dwight

[-] Re: Ability to create new pages
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:16:54 AM »

Quote from: admin
Quote from: Acert93

Excellent suggestion.  I have just added this idea to the list of "stuff to add to future versions of Snippetmaster".

Very Happy

Thanks!

I hope all these new 'features' will have the option of disabling them. One of the things I want is to be able to limit just how much my client can change their web sites. In fact, I'd like to be able to disable some that are there now in some cases. For example, I'd like to limit the font size and color for some clients. I know that's not possible now, but since you are changing the wysiwyg editor anyway, keep that in mind.

Dwight

==========
Dwight Jenkins
==========
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Ability to create new pages
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:20:32 AM »

Hi Dwight,

Yes, this is definately something that will be added.  The ability to "limit" the WYSIWYG editor features probably won't be in the next version, because at this point I just want to get it out...

... but the ability to have "editor configuration groups" that can be assigned to any user or user group is something that is already designed and just needs to be coded in.  

This way, you can create a "editor config group" with whatever features you want enabled/disabled.. and easily assign it to a user.  

Very Happy
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Ability to create new pages « previous next »
Jump to: