SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 23, 2018, 09:46:15 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 23, 2018, 09:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: option to make directory choices inclusionary OR exclusionar « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: option to make directory choices inclusionary OR exclusionar  (Read 4767 times)
Ataraxia

[-] option to make directory choices inclusionary OR exclusionar
« on: September 20, 2004, 02:06:34 PM »

The current methodology requires that I specifically list all directories that I want to EXCLUDE from SM's "universe" in the config.inc.php file.

That means that any time I add or change a directory in my server, I have to be sure to add it to SM's "exclusion list" in the $IGNORE = array of config.inc.php.  If I do not do this, any new directories are listed in SM by default. If I have many directories to exclude, this list can also become quite long. Also, if I have software that dynamically creates its own directories, they are, by default, also included in what SM "sees".

I suggest that you provide an option for us to reverse this. That is, add something like an "$INCLUDE = array" setting in config.inc.php to use in lieu of the $IGNORE array. In this mode I can hard-code the directories that I specifically want SM to "see" and can sleep better at night knowing that it will ignore any others not specified.

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
arkitekt

[-] I agree - this would be an excellent feature...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »

I was just setting up a site today with the lite version and wow, it was sure annoying to put all the directories I didn't want the snippetmaster to have access to... but it never occured to me until you mentioned this - great idea!  Especially when new folders will be added - the users will probably get very confused when new folders show up.

I hope this idea is implemented for sure... unless it already is and I just don't know how Smile

Thanks to Henri for providing a great program

Arkitekt
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: I agree - this would be an excellent feature...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »

Quote from: arkitekt

I hope this idea is implemented for sure...

The ability to "include" or "exclude" folders from the snippet explorer, image browser, and link browser is already programmed into the new version.  Smile

(Hopefully ready for release in about a month.

Cheers!
arkitekt

[-] Great news!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 10:12:20 PM »

Hi Henri,

Great news!

Do you need any help with things for the new version? I don't really do coding but I can be good with research searching out solutions to problems and I'd be glad to help with designing for a new version of the SnippetMaster website in my free time.

I'll send you an email as well,

Arkitekt
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] option to make directory choices inclusionary OR exclusionar
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 10:34:15 PM »

Thanks for the offer!

Be sure to subscribe to the announcement newsletter (www.snippetmaster.com) so you know when I'm looking for these things.  I'll put out a request...  

Cheers!
arkitekt

[-] Thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 10:37:35 PM »

No problem... I've just added myself to the list... thanks for the tip.

Arkitekt
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: option to make directory choices inclusionary OR exclusionar « previous next »
Jump to: