SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 01:27:23 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 01:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Automatically send email « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Automatically send email  (Read 2306 times)
troop674

[-] Automatically send email
« on: July 20, 2004, 07:32:36 AM »

What a great program!  I have snippets all over our Troop Website that allows our youth leadership to add their message to a particular page.

One snippet is used for a data file that can be downloaded, updated and uploaded by the membership.  The snippet is used to indicate when someone has the file "checked out" and the upload feature of snippetmaster is used to put the file back on the server.  Here's my question.  We also have a mailing list that everyone is subscribed to.  I would like for snippetmaster to automatically send an email to that mailing list with a standard "The file has been updated" message anytime it is uploaded.  It seems like that should be fairly easy with a line added to the "upload.php" file in the "upload-success" routine.  I was looking at how error messages are automatically sent, trying to apply that coding, but am not quite php savy enough to figure it out.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
Report to moderator   Logged
troop674

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

I figured this out and it seems to work fine.  I added the following line in the upload.php file in the "upload-success" section:

<?php mail('mailinglist@troop674.org', 'Subject text here', 'Message body text here', "From: Troop 674 <fromaddress@troop674.org>");

Henri, I hope you don't have a probelm with me making that modification?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 05:38:48 PM »

Quote from: troop674
Henri, I hope you don't have a probelm with me making that modification?
No worries!   Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Automatically send email « previous next »
Jump to: