SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 18, 2018, 09:59:02 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 09:59:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround  (Read 3797 times)
Jeffrey

[-] Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround
« on: July 15, 2004, 01:38:14 AM »

We are using our first Lite version for a client. Like many other users of the Lite and Pro version at this moment a user can change the font and background and foreground color in the editor mode. This changes will overrule the implemented stylesheet. THis is not always prefereable. Looking at the code of the CMS editor, found out that 1 function (button) is disabled.  THe cleanhtml function. Tried to make it work but (like it is stated in the code) this cannot be done.

This function wil get rid of all font codes the user has used. In the instructions to the enduser (admin of the website) this can be added as a closing of the changing/adding procedure. This could (although it is not an elegant way) give a lot of SnippetMaster users a solution to the font/style sheet problem.

Some questions.
Why is this function disabled?
How can this function be enabled?

I read during extensive reading of almost every forumpost item that a new version of SnippetMaster is in developpingmode. Is i understood the style/font problem is resolved. Can u give us a indication of when u think the beta version is ready to be released?

Like i stated in an eary post in one of the forums, we went  through a lot of cms applics.. SM is we think the most flexible and easy to use CMS. (when you made it work after installation Smile.

Keep the good work going!
Report to moderator   Logged
KyleK29

[-] Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »

It's been a long time, but for the time being, until a fix is released ... (I dunno, was it fixed in the Pro version?).

Although it's not pretty, I've made a little work around for the LITE version. It edits the editor file and does a PHP include on where the fonts are handled. You can then go in and add fonts or take out fonts by editing the included .txt file. Works perfectly, I have the client site limited to one font at this time.

Files are here: http://www.kaelmedia.com/downloads/stylesheet_workaround.zip

Installation:
Drop the files (ieeditor.php & ieeditor_fonts.php) into your SnippetMaster/ieeditor/  directory. Back up your original ieeditor.php before doing so! Name it something like ieeditor.php.bak, so you can easily remember it.
EOBeav

[-] Re: Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

I'm going to do some training with my client in the next week or two, and one thing I'm going to stress is for them to not change the background color, font color, etc...just because the results will likely clash with the sites established colors in the style sheet.  I don't know how effective that will be, but I do know that this client is highly motivated to maintain a clean-looking site that they can manage themselves. 

The list is an absolute good. The list is life. All around its margins lies the gulf.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Style sheet overrulling by font codes workarround « previous next »
Jump to: