SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 20, 2018, 03:05:05 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 03:05:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Editing snippets directly - without admin area « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Editing snippets directly - without admin area  (Read 2646 times)
phillwv

[-] Editing snippets directly - without admin area
« on: March 08, 2004, 12:19:28 AM »

I know our wish-lists push the envelope but I have been trawling 'The List' (http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/ttw/ttw.html#os) and so far snippetmaster and htmlEditbox are the only two close to the money. Even affordables from the commercial list are mostly way off (my) target.

Snippetmaster is one of the very few (the only?) allowing editing of a content area, not the whole page.

Any chance, without major re-coding, that SM might allow 'clients' to mouse-over their content, see the speedtip to 'right-click' and edit their content - then be authenticated (ftp name/psswd or SM's auth) before saving?

Those full html file editors (Webword, MM's Contribute, htmlEditbox) do this EXCEPT who wants to let the client at the whole page??

Addressing the friendliness of the admin dropdown folder/filename labels (separate topic) is a long way towards helping our non-techie editors but it would be so cool to see SM merge these concepts: browse-to, click, edit, save - right on the webpage.

As I said, I am wading through the dozens of opensource and commercial packages on 'the list' and they all seem to miss the point. Of course, I have been known to miss it, too  Confused
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Editing snippets directly - without admin area « previous next »
Jump to: