SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 03:50:28 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 03:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Possibility of disabling the HTML editor « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Possibility of disabling the HTML editor  (Read 3168 times)
vixbow

[-] Possibility of disabling the HTML editor
« on: February 05, 2004, 09:50:48 AM »

As some others have posted in the support area, I have run into some problems with a client going crazy editing the fonts and font sizes to the point where they're destroying the design of the original site (overriding css). I have removed font and font size options, but there's still so much more that they can disrupt with HTML. Could you make the editing box "just a box" without the bells and whistles? Maybe just a check box disabling HTML? Like a notepad kind of thing. It would be a GREAT way to harness the "creativity" of our less creative users.  Rolling Eyes  ...and keep them from "cutting and pasting" formatted text in too!

BTW, in my opinion you have the IDEAL program here for SIMPLE editing of an existing site! I just discovered it and LOVE it. I have sent you my contribution and will be waiting anxiously for your new version - it sounds like it's going to be even GREATER. KUDOS!!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Possibility of disabling the HTML editor
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 09:35:58 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for your suggesions.  I am going to hopefully include this ability (to limit features) in the next version.  If not in the first release, it will be soon thereafter.  You will have ability to set features based on the "configuration group" assigned to the user.  (Each user can have one config group)
sussexman

[-] Macintosh
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 10:49:13 AM »

Would a version with only text edit and no font styling be suitable for Macs? It would be nice Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Possibility of disabling the HTML editor « previous next »
Jump to: