SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 08:50:22 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 08:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Folder inclusion VS exclusion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Folder inclusion VS exclusion  (Read 3515 times)
Ataraxia

[-] Folder inclusion VS exclusion
« on: December 19, 2003, 06:27:18 AM »

Would it be feasible to set config.inc.php so that I can list the folders that I DO want it to have access to rather than those I DON'T want it to access?

There are several reasons for this:

1. I have a complex site with lots of folders, most of which I do not want SM to have access to. My exclusion list is, therefore, quite lenghty

2. I have applications which dynamically adds or changes folders. I don't want SM to have access to them. It is simply not feasible to edit config.inc.php every time one of these changes occurs.

3. I have several different users that I would like to (eventually) set them up with separate SM accounts having access to different folders (in anticipation of the next upgrade allowing multiple accounts). If config.inc.php is set for INCLUSION rather than exclusion this will be much easier to manage.

The ability to select either Inclusion or Exclusion modes would provide the greatest versatility and would be a significant enhancement to an already marvelous program.

Note: Inclusion mode should be recursive.

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
Ataraxia

[-] Folder inclusion VS exclusion
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 06:55:04 AM »

Is there any possibility of having the option to select Inclusionary or Exclusionary designation of accessible directories in a new version of SM?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Folder inclusion VS exclusion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:29:15 AM »

Quote from: Ataraxia
Would it be feasible to set config.inc.php so that I can list the folders that I DO want it to have access to rather than those I DON'T want it to access?

This functionality is going to be included in the upcoming releaes of the next version.  Be sure to subscribe to the mailing list so you know when it's available.  (www.snippetmaster.com - middle of page)
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Folder inclusion VS exclusion « previous next »
Jump to: