SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 23, 2018, 08:56:55 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: <?php include $menu ?> tag replaced with the actual menu html « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: <?php include $menu ?> tag replaced with the actual menu html  (Read 2133 times)
Frank62

[-] <?php include $menu ?> tag replaced with the actual menu html
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »

Hi,

I was going to use Snippetmaster (SM) some two years ago, but a big other project kept my from making websites again. Yet, that other project is about three quarters underway, so I might be getting some time again.

I installed, with the help of Henri, SM on one of my servers at that time, and I tested it. Basically, it worked fine. But I found that it replaced the <?php include $menu ?> tag with the actual menu html, when saving an edited page. That is not what I want, because that takes away the *big* advantage of having to change only one file if the menu needs an update.

Did I do something wrong, or is this an inevitable thing?  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:28:29 PM by Frank62 » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: <?php include $menu ?> tag replaced with the actual menu html
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you using Snippetmaster to edit PHP code or HTML code?

The current version of the editor (v2.2.3.3)does not preserve PHP code.

Report to moderator   Logged
Frank62

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:53:07 AM »

I meant $menu in a figurative way. The normal page set-up is something like this:

Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
    <head>
        ....blabla....
    </head>
    <body>
        <?php include 'menu_file.php' ?>
        <h1>Header</h1>
        ...rest of the content...
    </body>
</html>

But I understand from your answer that the php tag is indeed not preserved, that I didn't make a mistake?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »

Yes, this is correct.  The PHP tag will be removed (or badly edited) since the current HTML editor in Snippetmaster (version 2.2.2.3) does not work with PHP.

I'm going to replace the editor soon, so that should fix this issue. (And will also allow basic PHP editing...)
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: <?php include $menu ?> tag replaced with the actual menu html « previous next »
Jump to: