SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 04:05:58 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 04:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Preview and Save not working yet « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Preview and Save not working yet  (Read 3869 times)
dadkins

[-] Preview and Save not working yet
« on: September 04, 2002, 03:42:39 PM »

I've installed SnippetMaster and it is nearly working. This tool looks very nice.
I can't seem to get the Preview or Save functions to work. I've set the file permissions to 666. I've added the tags to an existing page -- on separate lines. Any ideas?? I've set it up at http://www.salmd.org/snippetmaster/index.php with the file named membership.htm. That file equates to http://www.salmd.org/membership.htm. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Don
Report to moderator   Logged
dadkins

[-] It works now!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 04:34:52 PM »

Nevermind.......
I tried the user interface from another machine/browser (IE 6.0.26 on Windows XP) and the Save/Preview worked just fine. I think my problem was because of the browser version -- probably < IE 5.5. Also, the non-working browser would also attempt to install something which I canceled out of -- maybe that caused the issue.
Moral: check your browser version.
--thanks for listening to my ramblings. Maybe this can help someone else. This tool is so simple and exactly what I need!!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 06:30:45 PM »

I'm glad you got it working!  There is another user who is having trouble with MS Word wanting to install something.. was that the install thing that popped up for you?  (I'm just trying to figure out what is causing that..)

Anyway.. as long as it works!

BTW - If you REALLY like the program, be sure to check out my "help me out with some cash" page.   Very Happy
dadkins

[-] Install
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 08:20:03 PM »

Yes, the install was for MS Word. I guess its associated with the control that the program uses for the editor. The browser asks for an MS Office SR-1 CD.
As for the 'contribution', the check is in the mail. HA! Actually, I'll consider that since I agree with the concept and I like the tool so far - its only been 6 hours and everything seems to work! Cudos to you - great  tool. Simple to use. Simple to install. Hey, do you need a job?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Install
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 08:48:22 PM »

Quote from: dadkins
Yes, the install was for MS Word. I guess its associated with the control that the program uses for the editor. The browser asks for an MS Office SR-1 CD.

This is so strange.. there's been a number of people who have had this experience.  I can't figure it out.. the only thing I can think is that a component of their browser is missing, and since the program relies heavily on MSHTML.. the browser thinks it can install it or something.. weird.   Confused

Quote from: dadkins
As for the 'contribution', the check is in the mail. HA! Actually, I'll consider that since I agree with the concept and I like the tool so far - its only been 6 hours and everything seems to work! Cudos to you - great  tool. Simple to use. Simple to install. Hey, do you need a job?

Awesome!  Let me know if you have any suggestions for the program.  (Just post them into the suggestions forum.)  Heh.. what kind of job? If it's one that pays 100k per year (or more) than YES!  Wink

Cheers!
wibking

[-] first install
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 07:53:31 AM »

Thanks for the download.
I'm going to try to install the snippetmaster today.
Hope it goes well.
I'll let you know.
ps-when i downloaded, my machine asked for the small office 2000 disk?
maybe I'll try to install via my imac....
Tim

Thanks
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2002, 01:36:35 PM »

How did things work out for you?
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Preview and Save not working yet « previous next »
Jump to: