SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 17, 2018, 05:31:33 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 05:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Style dropdowns in editor - no styles « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Style dropdowns in editor - no styles  (Read 3062 times)
Artisan

The World Wide Web needn't cost the earth.

[-] Style dropdowns in editor - no styles
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:15:28 AM »

I might be missing something obvious here but I can't get my stylesheet styles to appear in the top bar of the editor.

I downloaded styles-original.css, shortened it to styles.css, then added some image styles. I re-uploaded it but none of the styles appear in the Appearance tab of the image editor window. I tried logging out then back in again to refresh the editor but still nothing.

Any idea what I might be missing or doing wrong?
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Style dropdowns in editor - no styles
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. 

OK... if you modify one of the "original" styles in the styels.css file.. does that work?  (Do you see the new style appear?)

Before trying to figure out the problem, I first want to make sure that the styles.css file is working properly.

Once that is confirmed.. then try adding some very simple styles and see if they show up.  If so, then add more complex ones, or add your image styling to one of the styles that exists.  Basically, try to see if there is something specific that is breaking the system.

Let me know...
Artisan

The World Wide Web needn't cost the earth.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 01:54:50 AM »

The styles.css file is OK, I made changes to it and they appeared, but only in the editor elements (e.g. changing the colour of the current file to red).

One of the styles I added to styles.css was to add a blue border around the images in the content area as follows:

Code:
.img-left
{
border: 1px solid #000180;
padding: 5px;
margin: 0 0 0 0;
}

This is in the stylesheet for the site (style.css in the css folder) and now also in styles.css in the editor/templates folder. I would have thought the class img-left would have appeared in the Class dropdown in the Appearance tab of the image editor window.
tranenco

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:18:44 AM »

Hi, I have the same problem and it seems people have had this problem, like, forever.

To me it´s a VERY important part of the program and I don´t understand for my life how such a brilliant program as this is still hasn´t got this sorted out. Surely there must be a simple way to add your own css styles into the editor? I have tried all tips I have found in the forum; even including my own css sheets into the file being edited by SM. Nothing works. Please, please find a solution to this once and for all. This amazing program is worth it!

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Style dropdowns in editor - no styles « previous next »
Jump to: