SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 01:28:26 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 01:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Ability to edit the WHOLE web page, not just a snippet « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ability to edit the WHOLE web page, not just a snippet  (Read 3910 times)
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Ability to edit the WHOLE web page, not just a snippet
« on: September 04, 2002, 12:40:29 PM »

If anyone can do this, please let me know.  I know the editor can handle this functionality, I just haven't had a chance to modify the code and implement it.
Report to moderator   Logged
monikina

[-] Re: Ability to edit the WHOLE web page, not just a snippet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 05:23:17 AM »

Quote from: electric
If anyone can do this, please let me know.  I know the editor can handle this functionality, I just haven't had a chance to modify the code and implement it.

Couldn't this be done by placing the <snippet> begin tag right
after <body> - and the </snippet> end tag right before </body> ?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 09:52:39 AM »

That would make sense.  heh Wink

I was actually thinking about everything, though.. including meta tags, page title, anything in the head area, etc..

But placing the snippet tags righ after/before the body tags will certainly get 1/2 way there..
Kostas

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 10:31:32 AM »

Quote from: electric

I was actually thinking about everything, though.. including meta tags, page title, anything in the head area, etc..

But then we are going away of the target group which is our *clients*, don't you agree?
As stated in the SnippetMaster home page:
"If you have any web pages that require frequent content updates by clients, then SnippetMaster can make your life a lot easier"

Moreover, I would not feel very comfortable allowing my clients to mess with meta tags and the head area...

I think allowing more snippet tags in the same page is much more important.

Regards,
Kostas
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 08:03:31 PM »

Quote from: Kostas
But then we are going away of the target group which is our *clients*, don't you agree?

Moreover, I would not feel very comfortable allowing my clients to mess with meta tags and the head area...

Yes, I agree with you.  Unless more people desire the ability to edit the ENTIRE page (including meta tags, title, etc..) I will not pursue this feature.  If you want to make the entire HTML area editable, then you can just put the snippet tags right after (and before) the <body> tags.

If someone wants to edit their meta tags or title, then they would need to call the designer.. (who would hopefully make a little money off the update.)   Very Happy
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Ability to edit the WHOLE web page, not just a snippet « previous next »
Jump to: