SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 19, 2018, 02:48:53 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: license problems « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: license problems  (Read 2796 times)
frank_wichmann

[-] license problems
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:58 AM »

First let me say: that program is what I was looking for for a very long time. I even thought about making it myself. But honestly I lack the ability.

I have installed LITE and it workes fine.

Problem is, when I try to install the newly bought PRO license I get "The license key you entered is either not valid or a connection to the licensing server was not possible." (in German language).

http://yourwebsite.com/snippetmaster/includes/diag/license-server-connection.php gives me a green ok.

I tryed the intructions for manual installation which where given elsewhere:

Alternatively, you can enter the license key yourself by editing one of the Snippetmaster database files. Here are the instructions:

1. Download and open the "/snippetmaster/snippet-db/random_name/program_settings.php" for editing.

2. Look for this text around line #5:

----------------------
license#
----------------------

3. Add your license key after the number (#) sign, like this:

-----------------------
license#SM-PRO-yourkeyhere
-----------------------

(Make sure there is no spaces or anything else after the key.)

4. Look for this text around line # 8:

-----------------------
program_name#SnippetMaster LITE
-----------------------

5. Change it to this:

-----------------------
program_name#SnippetMaster PRO
-----------------------

6. Now save the file and upload it to your website over the old file.

7. Now go to your SnippetMaster login page.  The first time this page loads, it will show you a "invalid offline key" error.  Ignore this error and just reload the SnippetMaster login page again.  Now you should see the program name has changed to "SnippetMaster PRO". This means the license key was successfully installed.

This gives me a bunch of errors I can not understand:

Php-Txt-Db-Access Error:
PHP Error: [8] Undefined offset: 1 [Line: 1651] [File: /kunden/297334_50733/Webseiten/SozialManagementBeratung/snippetmaster/includes/txt-db-api/resultset.php]

Php-Txt-Db-Access Error:
PHP Error: [8] Undefined offset: 2 [Line: 1654] [File: /kunden/297334_50733/Webseiten/SozialManagementBeratung/snippetmaster/includes/txt-db-api/resultset.php]

Php-Txt-Db-Access Error:
Query 'select * from program_settings where name='installed'' failed

Fatal error: Call to a member function next() on a non-object in /kunden/297334_50733/Webseiten/SozialManagementBeratung/snippetmaster/includes/config.inc.php on line 108

At least before my manipulations I can see in the original program_settings.php - file that it still says LITE and holds no license information.

What can I do?

Frank

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:53:53 AM by frank_wichmann » Report to moderator   Logged
frank_wichmann

[-] Re: license problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

Today a played with changing the rigths of program_settings.php and the containig folder. Problem still exists.
Report to moderator   Logged
frank_wichmann

[-] Re: license problems
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »

Support has manually upgraded the software. All is working now. Thanks a lot!
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: license problems « previous next »
Jump to: