SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 09:49:19 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 09:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Request for new features - char count/limits and applet feat « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Request for new features - char count/limits and applet feat  (Read 2991 times)
pmboos

[-] Request for new features - char count/limits and applet feat
« on: May 05, 2003, 05:26:07 AM »

I have a few features I would like to see enabled.

1) I am working to use snippetmaster for content editing where I want to limit the number of characters a user can put in.  This because of some absolute position I am using causes limited real estate.  I would like to see a running "character counter" (this should not count anything within <> tags, only actual text that would display). I would also like to be able to set an upper limit within the <snippet> tag that the user can not go over (again it should only count text that would be actually displayed).

2) I would like to be able to turn various features within the applet on and off within the snippet tag.  This would in turn tell the applet to disable that feature.  Example: I may not want a user to change font color, I could perhaps have within the snippet tag the ability to set FONTCOLOR="off".  The default value should be "on" so if I don't bother mentioning the attribute, it would be available.  Also, for some attributes, it may be nice to also be able to set a enumerated list of values.  Example: my site uses only a sans serif styling, so I want to only allow Arial and Verdana fonts to these; perhaps AVAILABLEFONTS="verdana, arial".

3) Lastly, I would like ot see a spell check capability, perhaps an integration of the Jazzy spell checker (available from SourceForge).  Again, it should ignore items withinthe <> tags.

I hope others would find these features useful - if so, please reply here so the team can understand these needs.  

Cheers![/quote]
Report to moderator   Logged

Paul M. Boos

"It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java, my thoughts acquire speed, The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning, It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion."
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Request for new features - char count/limits and applet feat « previous next »
Jump to: