SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 23, 2018, 05:55:31 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 05:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Zend Optimizer « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zend Optimizer  (Read 3751 times)
maggybeths

[-] Zend Optimizer
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »

I tried the auto installer and it didn't work. So I tried to do it manually...

And I now get :

Zend Optimizer not installed

This file was encoded by the Zend Guard. In order to run it, please install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge), version 3.0.0 or later.

Seeing this message instead of the website you expected?

This means that this webserver is not configured correctly. In order to view this website properly, please contact the website's system administrator/webmaster with the following message:

The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server.

Note: Zend Technologies cannot resolve issues related to this message appearing on websites not belonging to Zend Technologies.
What is the Zend Optimizer?

The Zend Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been available without charge, since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by scanning PHP's intermediate code and passing it through multiple Optimization Passes to replace inefficient code patterns with more efficient code blocks. The replaced code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster.

In addition to improving performance, the Zend Optimizer also enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Guard.

The Zend Optimizer is a free product available for download from Zend Technologies. Zend Technologies also developed the PHP scripting engine, known as the Zend Engine.

So I followed the link, registered, downloaded the optimizer and uploaded it to the web page in the snippetmaster folder... but it didn't do anything :/

Help! I know absolutely nothing about PHP or half the stuff going on here... I've requested a free install but since I didn't hear back I attempted it myself but I'm failing horribly Sad

Just to be sure.. I tried the ioncube...

Site error: the file /hermes/bosweb/web178/b1780/ipg.marymotherofthelight/snippetmaster/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

:/ no idea what that even is.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:28:24 PM by maggybeths » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Zend Optimizer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »

Hello,

Both errors indicate that the Zend Optimizer or Ioncube Loaders are not correctly working.

If you want, you can request a free installation here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/index.php#free_install

Or you can ask your hosting provider to install Ioncube or Zend Optimizer for you.  Any good hosting provider should be able to do this for you in seconds... 

Smile

Let me know.
Report to moderator   Logged
maggybeths

[-] Re: Zend Optimizer
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »

Thank you for the reply! I have already sent you a request previously but I decided to attempt it myself again. I got farther this time... LOL. But sadly not far enough.

I have emailed my server provider. I do hope they'll be able to work it out.

Snippetmaster looks to be an answer to prayers. Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Zend Optimizer « previous next »
Jump to: