SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 23, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2018, 12:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: selected edit page comes up with error « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: selected edit page comes up with error  (Read 3640 times)
brasscat

[-] selected edit page comes up with error
« on: September 04, 2002, 05:57:48 AM »

OK- I think I'm close...

When I run my install of Snippetmaster, I can select folders and files just right from my website.  But when I OPEN the file, I get a "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" error in IE.

I don't have an officially supported config, but from what I read it should still work (Apache, PHP 4, running in windows).

Anyone know why everything else looks good, except I can't edit the selected page?
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 05:59:19 PM »

So you're getting a 404 error when you try to select a file to edit from the dropdown list?

Umm... not sure.  Make sure you have backslashes instead of forward slashes if you're using Windows OS.. maybe try posting your config.inc.php file here (remove your authentication details first) and someone can take a look.
brasscat

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 07:20:40 PM »

Quote from: electric
So you're getting a 404 error when you try to select a file to edit from the dropdown list?

Umm... not sure.  Make sure you have backslashes instead of forward slashes if you're using Windows OS.. maybe try posting your config.inc.php file here (remove your authentication details first) and someone can take a look.

Thanks for responding. I also noticed something else... When I preview the page that is coming up "The page cannot be displayed" in Snippetmaster, it Previews correctly! it's the right page!

Anyway, here's my config; I've taken out the comment lines...

$PATH = "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/beta/scriptcentral/snippetmaster";
$ROOT = "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/beta/scriptcentral";

$PREVIEW = "http://www.scriptcentral.net";

$URL = "http://www.scriptcentral.net/snippetmaster";
$IGNORE = array("snippetmaster","stats","images","includes","cgi-bin","Templates","download","polls","forums","newsletter","location1","location2");
$VALID_IMAGE_FILE_TYPES =  array("gif","jpg","jpeg","png");
$VALID_LINK_FILE_TYPES =  array("html","htm","doc","pdf","xls","ppt","txt","jpg","gif","png");
$AUTH = 0;
$USER = "demo";
$PASS = "demo";

-- Everything else in the file is default.

Also, is there a library that need to be installed special with PHP?

Thanks for your help!!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 07:42:11 PM »

Strange.  I'm not sure what is the problem, since your config file looks ok to me.  I haven't really ever tested with Windows as the server OS, so maybe that is causing the problem.

If anyone wants to take a stab at this error, please go for it!
brasscat

[-] Oh Well...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2002, 12:31:09 PM »

I can't get it to work under Windows, DARN! It's such a great little system. I've looked everywhere, through every content management option at hotscripts.com, and this is the one I like the most.

If anyone else comes across a "Page cannot be displayed" error when loading pages in snippetmaster, let me know what you did to fix it.

My config: XP, Apache 2.0, Php4
register globals On
PHP as CGI module

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: selected edit page comes up with error « previous next »
Jump to: