SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 22, 2018, 08:27:15 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 08:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders  (Read 2509 times)
deliwasista

[-] no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »

Hi there,

all the files that my clients can access are in the root directory.   However. I do not want to provide them access to whole files, only select files with snippets.  Nor do I want them to gain access to any of the folders sitting in the root directory.

I have tried setting this via group lists.

First using "exclude" - and listing them individually.

Secondly using "include" and leaving the list blank.

Both methods result in the user having nothing display except the empty "select a folder" drop down menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I have their starting folder listed as   /home/mydomain/www/www

and their starting url listed as    http://www.mydomain.co.nz
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »

It sounds like maybe there is no valid SNIPPET being found.

Can you let me know what is the admin login details and ftp details and I can check everything out?

henri@snippetmaster.com

Thanks!

(BTW - using the "include" option and leaving the list blank is the best way to exclude all folders with minimum amount of work.)

deliwasista

[-] Re: no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:55:15 PM »

I will post the reply here so that anyone else having this issue can have the answer Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

OK, this should be working now.

I edited your "regular staff user" List Group and included only the desired folders.  So now no folders should be shown when looking for files to edit…

Here's the tricky part.  The reason why you can't see the "enter.php" file in the dropdown box when you login as the "staff member" user, is because you have configured Snippetmaster "Regular" user permissions like this:

--------------------------
Regular - User can only edit snippets if they are listed in the Users access control list of the Snippet Tag
--------------------------

Here is the documentation page on how the "users" permissions works:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/admin-users.html

The SNIPPET you created on the "enter.php" page has no Access Control List… so the "staff member user" is not able to "see" this Snippet.  Smile

You have two solutions:

1. Change the way "Regular" user permission works.  (Login as admin, choose admin link, then use option#2 for "Regular" user permissions.)

2. Add the "users='staff member 1'" attribute to the Snippet Tag access control list, like this:

<!-- #BeginSnippet name="entry prices table" users="staff member 1"  -->

3. Make the staff member 1 use a "power user" instead of "regular" user.  (Then this user can see ALL snippets, no matter what regular user permissions are set as.)

I hope that makes sense?

Let me know….

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: no files showing in root directory after setting group list folders « previous next »
Jump to: