SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 06, 2012, 06:47:24 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 06, 2012, 06:47:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: snippet master installation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: snippet master installation  (Read 1208 times)
anniw

[-] snippet master installation
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »

Hi, I am having a problem with snippetmaster installation. I had to manual install Snippetmaster on GoDaddy as the auto install would not work. I have made sure the Zend Optimizer is functioning properly, this was verified by GoDaddy tech help and tech help for the Zend Optimizer site. The Zend Optimizer tech said that I may have a problem with the files and pages for snippetmaster and to try and reload them. I tried that but it made no difference.

I am getting this message when I go to snippetmaster on the site I am working on: http://www.tankman.com/snippetmaster/
Warning: main(includes/globals.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/63/7361963/html/snippetmaster/index.php on line 61

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/globals.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/63/7361963/html/snippetmaster/index.php on line 61
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: snippet master installation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »

Can you let me know what is your FTP info and I'll login and have a try?

You can send the info to

Thanks!
anniw

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:57 PM »

My client has not authorized me to share this information.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »

OK, that kind of makes it difficult to diagnose any problems... (and sort of pointless if your client trusts me enough to run my software, but not enough to access the software files on the server.. keep in mind I only need access to the Snippetmaster folder. Nothing else is needed. So they can create a limited ftp user with access only to /snippetmaster and nothing else..)

From the error, it seems Zend is installed and working (otherwise a Zend error would be given), but the file mentioned (includes/globals.inc.php) is not being found.

If you've confirmed this file is indeed there.. then there's not really anything I can do except suggest you speak with your hosting provider and ask them to expain why PHP is not able to see a file that you have confirmed *is* there.

anniw

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »

Actually that helped, thank you. I went though all of the files and pages and some were missing. One page by the way, editor.plugin.js,  was empty of content.

Snippetmaster is now installed but now I am stuck on the part where I am supposed to change the page permissions. I only want the page content to be changed by my client using Snippetmaster, but I can't tell if changing the permissions will give just them or anyone viewing the page the ability to change content. GoDaddy has an internal FTP program which I have been using. When I try to change the permissions on that I can't tell if the options are the ones I need to change. Here are their online instructions for changing permissions:

# Select the directory or directories for which you'd like to set permissions.
# Click the Permissions icon.
# Click Advanced.
# Select both the Web user permissions and the Owner permissions for the selected files.

Read:
    Allows anonymous users to view the contents of the selected directory.
Write:
    Allows users to write to the selected directory.
Execute (Directory):
    Allows users to execute scripts out of the selected directory.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »

You may not even need to change permissions.  A good web server will be running PHP using "cgi mode", which means permissions aren't necessary to be changed.

Since we're talking godaddy hosting here... it's hit or miss if they are using this method of running PHP.

What I recommend is contacting the hosting provider (godaddy) for help and telling them you want to know what permissions are needed for a PHP program (snippetmaster) to edit the files of your website.

anniw

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 03:27:40 PM »

Thanks, GoDaddy said to talk to you. They did suggest that I change the settings in an FTP program as opposed to their own file manager, which I did. I changed the permission on one of the pages I have set to edit with Snippetmaster. I set the permission to 666 with "Read" and "Write" checked for "Owner", "Group" and "Public" permissions, leaving "execute" unchecked.

I am still having the same result. When I sign in to the admin section and choose the page I want to work on, the "Loading the Wysiwyg editor..." comes up with the loading bar, but it never stops loading.

I really want to use Snippetmaster as it is perfect for the need of the site I am working on and will be a great tool to add to previous sited I have designed so I hope I can make this work.
Thanks for your patience! Anni
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »

Can you send me your Snippetmaster admin un/pw and also your ftp info and I'll login and take a look?

Thanks!
anniw

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »

HI,
I have received permission from my client to send you the login info. Can I do this in a way that the whole world can't see it?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:36 PM »

Yes, please send it to me directly at

Thanks!
anniw

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 12:07:16 PM »

Thanks again for solving that problem for me. I have one other question. When I log on to the snippetmaster  WYSIWYG the area where I can edit the content displays a background color for the test, it looks like it is using the background color set for body, a dark purple. The text is black, which makes it hard to read. (The text should be dark as the text on the actual site had a light background. ) Where can I change the background color displayed in the editing area of the WYSIWYG?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »

Here are the instructions:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,1234.0.html

(The next version will have a much easier way to dynamically change the editor background color...)

anniw

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »

Thanks, you already answered this one. Don't know why it is still a live as an unanswered question..
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: snippet master installation « previous next »
Jump to: