SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 17, 2018, 03:42:34 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: New web host, Snippetmaster not working « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New web host, Snippetmaster not working  (Read 1252 times)
Sab

[-] New web host, Snippetmaster not working
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:43:05 AM »

On my old web host  Snippetmaster was working perfectly. I've changed the web host,
Snippetmaster installs without problem, I can login to snippetmaster folder, but when Im trying to open any selected file, WYSIWYG editor starts loading and is loading for hours, without success.

What should I do?   Confused
Please help!

Best Regards
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:46:40 AM by Sab » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: New web host, Snippetmaster not working
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »

Check to see if the "gzip compression" is enabled for your server.  If not, you need to disabled the "use editor compression" setting in the "Admin->General" tab in Snippetmaster.

I hope that helps?
Report to moderator   Logged
Sab

[-] Re: New web host, Snippetmaster not working
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:59:37 PM »

Thanks,

I think it was a problem with the text encoding - I found the empty snippets were opening without any problem, but the ones with text couldn't.  I've changed the meta tag with text encoding to UTF-8 (<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">) and everything started working perfectly.
Before it was "charset=iso-8859-2" and for some reason it was working at the old server, but at the new one it didn'd.
I will check if the zip compression is on or off on the new server - maybe that was the difference.

Thanks for reply
Best regards
Sab
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: New web host, Snippetmaster not working « previous next »
Jump to: