SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 21, 2018, 09:00:28 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 09:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window  (Read 3264 times)
beachhustler

[-] error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:14:12 AM »

I'm getting the following error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window. Can anyone advise?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1291955 is not allowed to access /var/tmp/ owned by uid 0 in /mnt/web6/61/09/51968909/htdocs/admin/includes/filebrowser/insimage.php on line 0

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /mnt/web6/61/09/51968909/htdocs/admin/includes/filebrowser/insimage.php on line 0
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »

I think this is caused because your server is running PHP in "safe mode", and it does not have access to the PHP "session" files in the "/var/tmp" folder.

You should contact your web hosting provider and ask them to fix this problem for you. It should take them only a few seconds.  (In other words, the PHP software on your server is not configured correctly, and your host needs to fix it.  The fix is very easy and should take seconds.)

Let me know how it goes.

Smile
beachhustler

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:52:05 AM »

Thanks for your reply.

I have asked the hosting company and they said I need to change the php.ini. But it is already set to safe_mode = off

http://www.rennstar.com/info.php

What do you think?

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »

Hello,

I'm not sure.. is the error the same?  If so, then safe mode is definately still enabled.  If not.. then let me know what is the new error message.

Thanks!
beachhustler

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:25:29 AM »

Hi,

Turns out I need a php.ini in every folder that uses ioncube_loader_sun_5.2.so and the /includes/filebrowser folder didnt have any other php settings in the php.ini

This is quite annoying as snippet master loads quite slow now. Not very inpressed with the hosting company!

Thanks for your help.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »

I agree -- that is not good.  (In fact, PHP "safe mode" is not even recommended by the PHP vendor, because it creates all kinds of problems... it is not even an option that can be enabled in the new version of PHP being developed now.)

If you'd like a recommendation for a good hosting provider where you can get excellent hosting *and* a free SnippetMaster PRO (rebrandable version) license... let me know.  Smile

henri @ snippetmaster.com

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: error after pressing browse on the insert/edit image window « previous next »
Jump to: