SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 09:06:25 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 09:06:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Automatic Installation via cPanel « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Automatic Installation via cPanel  (Read 4071 times)
geekinetdev

[-] Automatic Installation via cPanel
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »

I have just taken over the management of my hosting company's cPanel servers/web site management.  In doing so I am new to cPanel and to Snippett.  Our new web server is using cPanel as it's control panel software.  As we are moving website off of our old server onto the new cPanel server I need to install and configure Snippett on some of my clients websites.  I have found out the we have purchased licenses for Snippett and it is my understanding that via cPanel each user can use there installatron program to install programs when they are needed/ordered by the client.  Is it possible to setup Snippett as one of these programs?  If so how do I add it to my cPanel listing of programs?  If not how do I add it to each individual clients website once we have moved them to the new cPanel supported server.

Thanks
Karin Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Automatic Installation via cPanel
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:34:25 PM »

Hi Karin,

At the moment, it is not possible to automatically install SnippetMaster directly from the cpanel hosting control panel.

However, you can very easily install SnippetMaster using the auto-installer utility. The instructions are here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/

If you get stuck with anything, just let me know.  Smile

geekinetdev

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »

I am in need of your assistance still.

I am in the process of automatically installing snippet for my clients website.  Now, history, we are moving all of our websites from our old FreeBSD server to a new FreeBSD server which has cPanel as the control panel.  With this being the case I am at the point in the automatic installation where have the path to the snippet-db.  My plan was to leave the default.  With this being the case can I just copy the data from the old snippet-db folder located on my old server to the new database folder located on my new server?

Are there any ownership changes that need to be made to any of the files within the snippet folders?

Thanks
Karin Smile
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

Ownership changes would entirely depend on the setup of the old server compared to setup of the new server.  Ie: If you are switching from Apache to CGI method of running PHP, or if the account un is different, etc.

You should be able (in general) to update any files in the /snippet-db/random_name/ folder that have a file path.  (ie: users.php, program_settings.php, upload_locations.php, etc...

geekinetdev

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »

I was wondering if you had created an cPanel installation packet or are the directions in the previous posts still the best way to install snippet on our new web server?

We are currently running Centos 6.2 I believe.

Karin Smile

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »

The best way to install Snippetmaster is to use the auto-installer here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/index.php

It should work with no problem on a cpanel server.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Automatic Installation via cPanel « previous next »
Jump to: