SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 21, 2018, 08:56:42 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 08:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation wizard part 2 - php warnings « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Installation wizard part 2 - php warnings  (Read 1635 times)
joeashworth

[-] Installation wizard part 2 - php warnings
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »

I installed the free version on a personal site, and all went well.  I was pleased enough to begin using this program with clients, so I'm installing it onto my first one.  All clients are on a different host than my personal test site that worked perfectly, so I'm thinking there is something i'm missing between the 2 hosts.

Upon launching the wizard after successful pre-installation, I'm given the following php errors:

Warning: main(/home/anderson/public_html/cms/db.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/anderson/public_html/cms/install/install1.php  on line 0

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/anderson/public_html/cms/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/anderson/public_html/cms/install/install1.php on line 0

The url for the page I'm at when I receive this is install/install1.php.  The "specify your database folder" step of the installation is below the errors.  I am using "cms" in place of the default install folder name, but my previous installation worked smoothly doing this as well.  The program recognizes my "cms" folder and appears to use it without any problems since that is where I initially uploaded the autoconfigure file and pre-installed without errors.  I considered using the recommended directory name, but I plan to buy rebrandable licenses for each client, so I need a solution that accepts "cms" or whatever I choose.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Installation wizard part 2 - php warnings
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »

This sounds like a simple permissions problem for the /cms/db.inc.php file after it is created.

Can you check to make sure that the file has correct "write" permissions for the PHP software (snippetmaster)? 

If you aren't sure how to do this, you can either ask your hosting provider, or contact me directly for help with a free installation request here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/download/index.php#free_install

Cheers!
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation wizard part 2 - php warnings « previous next »
Jump to: