SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 23, 2018, 05:31:43 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 05:31:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation OK but 500 error after edit « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Installation OK but 500 error after edit  (Read 1901 times)
2Much2Do

[-] Installation OK but 500 error after edit
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:18:35 AM »

I auto installed the free version (Zend filetype was selected) into an existing website of one html page.  All OK.  Logged in as Admin user and edited the index page. Saved this OK.  I then selected the .htaccess file and saved it (couldn't see a cancel edit).  Received the 500 internal server error.

The site is not accessible.  Deleted the folder snippetmaster and uploaded the original index.html but the site is still inaccessible (500 error). The server is unix based and uses cpanel pro 1.0(RC1) and PHP 5.2.5.  Not sure what to do next?
Thanks for your help.
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Installation OK but 500 error after edit
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »

Sounds like the .htaccess file is corrupted. Try renaming it through the cpanel or with FTP to htaccess.txt and see if the 500 error goes away.

Kelvyn
2Much2Do

[-] Re: Installation OK but 500 error after edit
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »

You're correct.  I had problems finding the 'hidden' file thru cpanel until I saw the little check box!  All is now well.  Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: Installation OK but 500 error after edit « previous next »
Jump to: