SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 20, 2018, 06:38:55 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2018, 06:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: different levels of WYSIWIG « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: different levels of WYSIWIG  (Read 3619 times)
kkeevel

[-] different levels of WYSIWIG
« on: May 19, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »

Hi,

Yesterday I payed a license for the application to have a pro version of Snippit, and played a lot with it.
I didn't try all the functions yet, and I'm very happy with the application!!!

But wouldn't it be nice if the web-site designer can decide which parts are visible for every snippit?
For instance, when you ad an extra code in the snippit line, you can say that the bold,underline,italics and/or hyperlinks and/or images links are possible? (and even more options)
Now you only can turn on and of WYSIWIG.

And did you ever thought about an Dreamweaver plug-in?

Cheers

Koen
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: different levels of WYSIWIG
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »

Hello,

With the PRO version, it is possible to fully customize the WYSIWYG toolbar however you desire. 

In fact, you can create unlimited "Editor Groups", and then assign them to different users.

So for example, you could have User1 who has only BOLD/ITALIC/UNDERLINE.. and then user2 who is able to see all toolbar options... and user3 who can only select stylesheets but not anything else...

Smile

I have thought about a dreamweaver plugin, but it is difficult to create, and so far not many customers have asked for this feature.  If enough people ask for it, I will do it.. so if anyone else is interested in a dreamweaver plugin, please let me know.

Thanks!
kkeevel

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:00:24 AM »

Have to admit, I did not master all the functions of the pro version yet, but when I use the feature, you are limited to the functions that you allow to a user.
But if I want to have one user to use different buttons on the first page then on the second page it is not possible.
Or am I wrong?

If i'm right, maybe a way in between would be nice.
Like that you can specify which button row is visible for each snippit.
So as a programmer you can decide if the first snippit shows only the 1st button row, the 2nd snippit the 3rd and the 3rd snippit shows 1st and 2nd button row.

Cheers

Koen
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:06:16 AM by kkeevel » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:47 AM »

Hello,

Good idea.  I will consider adding the ability to specify the "Editor Group" as part of a Snippet Tag.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: different levels of WYSIWIG « previous next »
Jump to: