SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 21, 2018, 12:41:07 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 12:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: How to reinstall into a different folder? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to reinstall into a different folder?  (Read 6014 times)
sammy616

[-] How to reinstall into a different folder?
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:17:35 AM »

I have SnippetMaster Pro installed in a path structure like this: www.mydomain.com/folder1/folder2

I would prefer for it to be installed to: www.mydomain.com/folder1

To accomplish the latter do I have to do an uninstall/reinstall? If so what is the best way to proceed.

TIA
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:45:11 PM by admin » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Reinstall
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »

The easiest (and safest) method is to reinstall the software into the new folder. This way, you are 100% sure to get all the correct settings, etc...

However, you can also manually move the sofware.  In that case, you will need to manually change the file path settings located in the database files.  (Open each of the database files located in the /snippetmaster/snippet-db/random-name/ folder, and edit any file path values that you see.)

Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
sammy616

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am going to go the "safe" route and reinstall. I want to make the transition smoothly so I have a questions if you don't mind.

Should I first "reset" the license information by clicking the "re-issue" button, log out, install the "SnippetMaster Pro Trial" in the folder I want then upgrade it with the SnippetMaster Pro key I purchased?

TIA
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

When you re-install, it will default to the free LITE version.. so it really does not matter.

Then, once the new installation is installed, you can upgrade to the PRO version at any time to unlock the PRO features (including rebrandable version, if you have a rebrandable license key.)

If you reset the license info (click the re-issue button), then this will clear the license details and you can use that license key with any website.

sammy616

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

Followed your instructions and everything went PERFECT! Thank you.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: How to reinstall into a different folder? « previous next »
Jump to: