SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 09:57:01 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 09:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Upload - Keep from deleting other files & images « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upload - Keep from deleting other files & images  (Read 2253 times)
jblackburn

[-] Upload - Keep from deleting other files & images
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:13:30 PM »

Hi - I'm using SM Pro. For a normal/regular user, I have an upload group and one folder listed as the upload location for them. In the editor, if they browse for a file/image, they are able to delete or rename files, including NOT just the files they uploaded. Is there a way to allow them to upload their own item but keep them from removing other items? They could really mess up a page this way!

Thx, Jim
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:16:15 PM by jblackburn » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Upload - Keep from deleting other files & images
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »

Hello,

There is no way to do this at the moment.  (Basically, there is no way to track what individual files each Snippetmaster user uploaded.)

The only thing I can suggest is to maybe create a special upload folder just for each user so they are limited to only their own files?  (But not helpful if you want other users to be able to select files uploaded by other users...)
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Upload - Keep from deleting other files & images « previous next »
Jump to: