SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

October 14, 2009, 11:10:02 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2009, 11:10:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Possibility to use the same snippet on different pages? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Possibility to use the same snippet on different pages?  (Read 55 times)
EvilSystem

[-] Possibility to use the same snippet on different pages?
« on: October 11, 2009, 07:29:36 AM »

Hello Boardies,

this is my very first posting and for a short introduction, I'am from Germany (so please excuse my worse english) and I'am starting to become familar with the SnippetMaster proggie.
First of all, this program is amazing also in price than in function. So now my question:
I have a website with a news section and, of course, the content on all pages is the same.
So I asked myself, if there is a possibility to have 1 snippet for the news section? Up to now I didn't find a other than a 1 snippet for each page solution.
To make my idea more precise, I need something like a SSI (server side includes) funktion via snippets, is that possible?
I hope you can follow my idea because up to now, I have to change every page separate, and thats a lot of to do... Smile
Thanks in advance and kind regards from Germany
Guenter
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Possibility to use the same snippet on different pages?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:29:14 AM »

Hello,

Yes, you can have unlimited Snippets per page.

Please see the "/snippetmaster/example-multiple-snippets.html" file for an example of how to do this.

Also, this documentation here:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tags.html

Smile
EvilSystem

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »

Yes, unlimited snippets is ok, but maybe my explanation is not sooooo good, sorry for that.
I want to have 1! snippet and I want to put it on several sites, so if I change now the content for 1 snippet, its automatically changed on all pages where the same snippet is implemented.
Up to now, I have to go to every page and change the content everywhere one by one, that a lot of work.
I have a website with 250 pages and on every page is a small part called news.
So I would like to create a snippet with the name news and put it on all pages and if I want to change the content, I want to change just this one snippet.
I think what I need is something like a "global" or "crossover" snippet.
Sorry again for my worse request
Kind regards
Guenter
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »

Hello,

OK, I understand now.

The solution is to add the "Snippet" to a simple text file, like this:

content.inc.html

And then you would use server side include (SSI) or PHP include or whatever you desire.. to "include" that file's content into your website pages wherever desired.

I hope that makes sense?

EvilSystem

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »

Hi there,

yes, this makes absolutely sense. The restricted layout possibilities are the only disadvantage.
Thanks very much for helping and kind regards for this marvellous proggie.
Greetz from Germany
Guenni
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Possibility to use the same snippet on different pages? « previous next »
Jump to: