SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 25, 2018, 07:21:38 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 07:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Insert Images from user hard drive. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Insert Images from user hard drive.  (Read 4244 times)
fergusbp

[-] Insert Images from user hard drive.
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

Can image files be inserted on a page from the user hard drive?  If yes, how?

Thanks
Brian
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Insert Images from user hard drive.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

Yes, this is no problem.  You can configure any Snippetmaster user to be able to upload to any location you desire on the website.

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/

Click the "Upload Groups" link under the Admin section for details.

Basically:

1. You configure the desired "Upload Locations" for your users.

2. The user logs in, uploads their file(s).

3. Then they can browse for the file when adding/editing images or links, documents, etc..

Smile
fergusbp

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:06:23 AM »

On the demo I see how to insert an image that is in the upload directory.  Do I have to ftp my images to a directory on the site before inserting them into the page or can I do it directly from my hard drive.

Thank you
Brian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 04:11:20 AM »

You can upload files from your hard drive using the "Upload Utility.

Once you have configured any user to have upload privileges... just click the "upload" link.  Smile

fergusbp

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 04:18:30 AM »

So I can use the upload utlity to get my photos onto the site.  Now how can the user upload their photos onto the site and insert them to the pages.

Brian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:20 AM »

Hello,

1. The user logs in and click the "upload' link to uploads their file(s) to whatever location(s) you have configured for them.

2. The user clicks the "browse" button when adding/editing images or links, documents, etc..  a window will open and they can browse to the location where they uploaded their file(s).

fergusbp

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:23 AM »

Thanks and one last question.  When I right click on an image in opera and in safari I have different menus come up, do you know what that would happen.

Brian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 04:36:00 AM »

Hmm... I'm not too sure about that.

I know that Safari and Opera are not very good browsers for working with the online editor.. and hopefully that will be fixed when I release the new version soon.

Smile
fergusbp

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »

May i ask the second last question.  Do you have an expected date for the new release?  May I say that I am very impressed with your quick response to my questions.  I have gone to other forums and seen questions never answered or the answers come weeks later.  Great service.  It also beats snail mail.  This encourages me to use your program.  Do other users on this forum answer questions very often?  I find that with some programs it is great to have users helping out in how to use software.

Brian
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 04:50:33 AM »

Hello,

It is mostly me answering questions in the forums here, as I have time to do so.  Smile  There are a few of my customers who also help out, and I am very greatful for that, because I often don't have a lot of time available.

If you are a paying customer, you can always contact me directly at henri@snippetmaster.com for support, and this is always my highest priority.  The forums here are for free support, and a "first point of contact" to see if maybe someone else has asked the same question and received an answer.  If you are a paying customer and still need help after visiting the forums... then send me an email. 

Smile

The new release will be sent out within a couple of weeks I hope.  It has been delayed over and over and over, but should be done soon.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Insert Images from user hard drive. « previous next »
Jump to: