SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 09:45:16 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 09:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: newbie help I have lost 1 site « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: newbie help I have lost 1 site  (Read 3331 times)
abbie

[-] newbie help I have lost 1 site
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »

Hi
I am new to cms and snippet. I have it installed on 2 sites, I can only find 1 when I log in. Where do I find the second site?

Abbie
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: newbie help I have lost 1 site
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »

Hello,

I do not understand your question.  If you have two websites.. then you should be able to see both of them.

Can you tell me what is the file structure for your websites? 

For example, if it is like this:

/home/public_html/
/home/public_html/website2/

Then you should make your "Starting Folder" for your Users to be "home/public_html/".  Then the User will be able to navigate into both websites.

However, if it is like this:

home/website1/
home/website2/

Then you should make the Starting Folder to be "/home/".   Otherwise, if you make the Starting Folder to be "/home/website1/", then you will not be able to navigate "up' into the second website...

I hope that makes sense?

abbie

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 04:23:13 AM »

thanks
domain 1/public_html/
domain2/public_html/

the above is the ftp path

when I log in domain 1 is not there.

are you telling me that within my snippet account I need to make this folder home/public_html. or at each domain I need to make a folder called home/public_html
and then once set properly the users from domain 1 can see the files in domain 2 and vice versa?

Is there a printable snippetmaster user manual? 
Abbie
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:31:47 AM »

Hello,

The way snippetmaster works is that each User is limited to the "Starting Folder" that you specify for that user.  The User can navigate "down" into that folder, but not "up".

So if you have created a user with a Starting Folder of "domain 1/public_html/", then they will not be able to navigate "up" into the "domain1/" folder.

To see how "Starting Folder" works, please login as admin, click the admin link, then Users tab.  Now click to modify a user, and put your mouse over the "?" icon next to the "Starting Folder" field.  A popup will explain what this setting is for.

So.. what I recommend in your situation is to create two Users.

User 1 can have starting folder of "domain 1/public_html/".
User 2 can have starting folder of "domain 2/public_html/".

You login as User 1 when you want to edit "domain1.com".  You login as User 2 when you want to edit "domain2.com".

I hope that makes sense?

>> Is there a printable snippetmaster user manual?

No.  There is only the online manual here: http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation

abbie

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 05:00:35 AM »

That makes sense, as far as users go. 1 more question, as admin how do I choose which domain I want to go into. when I  login I am in domain 2, I was expecting to see domain 1 and 2  in 1 list like in a hosting whm cpanel. Right now I can find only domain 2, I have no idea how to access domain 1?  The documentation link is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks heaps

Abbie
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 05:32:11 AM »

You will need to create another User, which has the Starting Folder for domain 1.

Each user (regardless of whether the user has admin rights) is able to navigate *only* to folders below the Starting Folder you have specified.

So what I recommend is creating a 2nd user maybe called "domain1-admin" or something, which is configured (Staring Folder and Starting URL) to edit website 1.

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: newbie help I have lost 1 site « previous next »
Jump to: