SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 05:52:30 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 05:52:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster?  (Read 3869 times)
Fairy Lucy

[-] Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster?
« on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:29 PM »

Hello,
First can I say i'm so glad you have created this software, as for a budding web designer it's making my life easier as it seems easy enough to use (so far)!

My question before i buy Pro is: The site i want to add Snippetmaster to has a 'News overview' on the Homepage, and from each News story overview there is a link to the full story, on the News page. Each anchor link is made up of the news page's URL and then eg. #story1...2,3,4.etc - so that it takes the viewer specifically to that same story on the News page.

When editing the News overviews on the Homepage, and then the full story's text on the News page - what if there needs to be more stories that month? In other words how can the client add an additional story (on the homepage) - and create a new anchor link to the full story (on the news page)? - can anchor links from 1 page to another be done in your Snippetmaster editor (how do we give them the different names they need?? )

I can't wait to hear back from you and hopefully find out that this can be done somehow so that I can buy Pro and start adding it to he site - please god let there be a way!!

From a very exited girl in Leeds, UK.

* multi_page_achor_links.jpg (63.82 KB, 135x150 - viewed 266 times.)
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:59:10 PM »

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to specify anchor links for a different webpage with SnippetMaster. 

You can do it like this:

1. Open the page or Snippet with the hyperlink, for editing.

2. Click the "insert/edit link" button from the toolbar. 

3. Select the desired file, and now select the "achor" from the "achors" list.  If the list is empty (the editor wasn't able to automatically find the anchors on the target page, which often doesn't work properly.. a bug), then you can manually add the anchor part to the URL.

ie:  http://www.yoursite.com/link.html#anchor

(So you would need to manually add the "#anchor" part to the URL that is specified.)

I hope that makes sense...

Let me know if you still have any questions about anything. 

Smile
Fairy Lucy

[-] Re: Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »

Hello,

Thank you so much for your speedy reply and confirmation o can do what i need to with Snippetmaster , I greatly appreciate your help and will be buying Pro soon when I have bought my hosting. Thanks again for being so helpful Smile
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 04:47:14 AM »

Hello,

Sounds good. 

Also, if you're looking for very high quality and reliable hosting.. with a free SnippetMaster PRO (rebrandable version) license.. be sure to check out here:

http://www.etwebhosting.com/specials/snippetmaster.html

Cheers!

Smile
Fairy Lucy

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:43 AM »

Oh dammit my client has already bought the hosting today - but for my next commission i will be sure to recommend your package Smile
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 05:06:54 AM »

No worries.  If you would like any more information, just send me an email to "henri@snippetmaster.com" and we can chat.

We also offer a "refugee" program, so your client won't llose any money if they would like to switch later:

http://www.etwebhosting.com/specials/refugee.html

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Anchor links from one page to another able to be changed in Snippetmaster? « previous next »
Jump to: