SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 23, 2018, 08:55:20 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2018, 08:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Works on IE6, Netscape can't hang « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Works on IE6, Netscape can't hang  (Read 4358 times)
Wolverine

[-] Works on IE6, Netscape can't hang
« on: September 02, 2002, 07:37:56 AM »

Thanks for all your work!  I have one bug/problem that I found with the editor.  Netscape (7.0) only displays the upload icon, text area (gray), and one drop-down box for the font.  Unfortunately I cannot test it on earlier versions of Netscape since it decided to overwrite my 6.2 although installed in another directory (kinda Borg like).  Any ideas?

-W
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Works on IE6, Netscape can't hang
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 04:02:18 PM »

Quote from: Wolverine
Netscape (7.0) only displays the upload icon, text area (gray), and one drop-down box for the font.

SnippetMaster was designed to use the MSHTML components, which I believe are only available in IE 5.5 and higher...  This is why IE is listed as a requirement to run the program.

Sorry!

I've never even run it on any version of netscape, but if anyone wants to figure out how to get it running.. please let me know your success!

Cheers.
Wolverine

[-] Netscape dies
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2002, 03:43:47 AM »

Thanks for the response.  I should have looked at the requirements, but since I use IE mostly, I still would have tried it.  You just can't run IE under Linux.  It may be a bit of a challenge to get it to run under NS, since you can't even get the two browsers to agree on HTML tags and how they format the page.  Gee, wouldnt that be nice.  Still a VERY cool program, thanks!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Netscape dies
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2002, 08:46:13 AM »

Quote from: Wolverine
It may be a bit of a challenge to get it to run under NS...

heh.  Wink  That's putting it mildly!  The snippetmaster code uses extensive MSHTML, so if I were to port it to netscape it would be a difficult task indeed.

ouch.. now my brain hurts!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Works on IE6, Netscape can't hang « previous next »
Jump to: