SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 08:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Almost got it « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Almost got it  (Read 24940 times)
skilgore

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2002, 07:24:43 AM »

ickii : Actually, yes, I am using Ensim.

electric: thanks for the fix, this is the error i get now:

Unable to change directories to /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/html.

About Paypal : Me and my friends have all had some sort of issue, e.g. wrong amount of funds transferred, random (small) charges appearing, and they always blew me off when i contacted them about it, so I just canceled my account a while ago. It's not that I dislike them, I just dont like to deal with it.

Expect an email later today.

THANKS!
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2002, 08:22:08 AM »

Quote from: skilgore
ickii : Actually, yes, I am using Ensim.

I'm not if using Ensim would make any difference.. I personally use CPanel, but I don't see why it would matter unless Ensim is messing with the directory permissions.

Quote from: skilgore

electric: thanks for the fix, this is the error i get now:

Unable to change directories to /home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/html.

Basically, what this message is telling me (since you got it from that little php script I provided above) is that the problem is nothing to do with SnippetMaster.  The problem is either:

1. The path specified (/home/virtual/site8/fst/var/www/html) is not valid in some way.

2. The directory doesn't have correct permissions set.  What that little php script is trying to do is simply change into the directory.  Since the permissions are set too low, the script fails and produces the error message.

This pretty much tells me that the problem is with the permissions on one of those directories.  Try chmodding them all, one at a time, starting from html, to 755 and see what happens.  There's no need to test the SnippetMaster script anymore.. you can just run that little php script until we figure out what is wrong.

If you'd like, I can log into your account and take a look myself.  If this is ok, just email me your username/password and I can check things out.  Alternatively, we could chat on Instant Messanger or something in realtime and figure things out..  Send me your IM address and we'll hook up eventually.

Cheers!
Ickii

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2002, 07:00:41 AM »

Very Happy  Yaaaahoooooooo!

Downloaded the current evaluation and tried again, everything worked first try.

Thanks Electric - I am showing this to a user today, if he likes and wants to implement into his site I will be back to register/purchase the current edition.

-side note - Has anyone made you a template or design for your pages?

Ickii
Ickii

[-] new problem
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2002, 10:19:56 AM »

Ok, this seems to be working fine for me using ie5.5, I can edit, preview, save pages without any problem. But....

When I had someone else try from another location using ie6.0, save and preview do not work. When either of those buttons are clicked it reloads the login page.

The pages are chmod 666 - I've checked 3 times.

Any ideas?

Rolling Eyes ickii
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2002, 05:16:01 PM »

If you PM me your snippetmaster username/login info I can take a quick look..

Basically, you're saying the the preview/save work on one browser (ie 5.5), but not on another (ie 6)?

Cheers!
Ickii

[-] oops
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2002, 06:20:50 PM »

Embarassed

Found the problem, the other user had cookies blocked.

Looks like everything is working.

Now to demo for a customer and if it fits his needs I will be back to purchase.

Thanks for the help and the work you've put into this, its great.

ickii  Razz
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: oops
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2002, 06:58:18 PM »

Quote from: Ickii
Embarassed

Found the problem, the other user had cookies blocked.

Looks like everything is working.

Now to demo for a customer and if it fits his needs I will be back to purchase.

Thanks for the help and the work you've put into this, its great.

ickii  Razz

Awesome!  I hope it's exactly what your customer is looking for.. and that they want 300 copies of it!   Very Happy

Cheers.
Ickii

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2002, 11:18:32 AM »

Ok new question....

Has anyone experienced any problems with a user on aol? They are using ie5.5 outside of aol but connected thru aol.

Everything is working but the save is not being saved. It looks to have saved the change but when previewed it shows the old page.

Refreshing the page has not helped.

My last hurdle.

Ickii
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2002, 12:01:20 PM »

Everything is working but the save is not being saved. It looks to have saved the change but when previewed it shows the old page.

Refreshing the page has not helped.

Hmm.. so they click the "Save" button, and then what happens?  Is there an error displayed?  When the user clicks save, the program will (should) try to save the file and then it will display a "page saved" type of message..

If the program is unable to save, then an error will (should) be displayed.  If the program is not executing the save altogether.. then perhaps some of the code was modified in some way?

Let me know exactly what happens when the save button is clicked.

Thanks!
Ickii

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2002, 12:36:42 PM »

The user says - when the save button is clicked it loads the page that reads, changes have been saved and gives the option to view in new window or return to the editor. When he clicks the view in new window or when he opens a new window and browses to the page it is still the old page.

I haven't changed any of the code except what is required in the config file.

It works perfectly for me at home, work and two other tester both at home and work. We have tested on at least 6 computers at different locations, different connections. The aol account is the only problem child. LOL

Another solid reason for dumping aol!  Laughing

The only reason I asked if this could somehow be an aol thing is when the user used ie that is intergrated into aol he got all kinds of error messages, but when he opened ie seperately everything worked up to the save part.

I have him double checking his ie version just to be sure its 5.5 or higher.

ickii
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Almost got it
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2002, 12:48:35 PM »

OK.. from what you have explained, I can pretty confidently say that the page IS actually getting updated.  (Otherwise there would be an error message for permissiones, or whatever..)

I suspect that AOL is somehow caching the original page, so when the preview is displayed, the cached version is shown rather than the new page.  I've had this problem before with some ISP's that don't have their proxy servers set up correctly.

I'm not sure what to suggest, other than maybe putting a meta tag in the page itself that tells any caching mechanism not to cache..  

I wish I could help more, but if it's working everywhere else except with AOL.. then there's not much I can do.  Maybe someone has a suggestion on how to work around this problem?

I wonder if there's some code I can do to detect AOL and then do a workaround.. I've never used AOL before, so I have no idea where to even start!

Sorry...
Ickii

[-] Purchasing now
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2002, 02:29:15 PM »

I am off to purchase, customer loved the idea of updating from his office without risk of damaging his layout.

Another question -

Is it possible to change the folder name from snippetmaster to something else? I tried a generic name for the folder but got errors.

Not extremely important but he would like to change the folder name to updates or something unique.

ickii
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Purchasing now
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2002, 06:27:10 PM »

I am off to purchase, customer loved the idea of updating from his office without risk of damaging his layout.

Another question -

Is it possible to change the folder name from snippetmaster to something else? I tried a generic name for the folder but got errors.

Thanks for purchasing the program and helping me out!  I'm glad you like it.

Yes, you should be able to change the folder to anything you prefer.  Just make sure to change the appropriate variables in the config.inc.php file to point to the new folder name.

For example:

// This is the FULL path to the directory where the SnippetMaster program files
// are located.  DO NOT add a trailing slash.
$PATH = "/home/theclova/public_html/snippetmaster";

(The bold part needs to be changed.. and then make sure you change any other variables that used the old folder name)

Let me know if you need a hand and I can help.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Almost got it « previous next »
Jump to: