SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 20, 2018, 11:51:07 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 11:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Help, Help, HELLPPP!!! What am I doing wrong « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help, Help, HELLPPP!!! What am I doing wrong  (Read 4794 times)
dahero

[-] Help, Help, HELLPPP!!! What am I doing wrong
« on: September 19, 2002, 09:59:10 PM »

Can you take a look at my site I'm trying to get to work on. I never had a prob with php before until now. You'll find it all in www.gzmedia.com/cincysalons/snippetmaster/ whatever
I'm willing to pay your suggested price if I can get the darn thing working.

this is my config file:
<?php

// This is the FULL path to the directory where the SnippetMaster program files
// are located.
// NOTE: If you put SnippetMaster in your "web root" directory, the $ROOT and
//       $PATH settings will then be the same. DO NOT add a trailing slash.
   $PATH = "/home/users/web/b1145/gzmedia/cincysalons/snippetmaster
";

// This is the FULL path to the directory where your website files are
// located on your server (Your web root). DO NOT add a trailing slash.
   $ROOT = "/home/users/web/b1145/gzmedia";

// Set to the full url to access the value you set for $ROOT
   $PREVIEW = "http://www.gzmedia.com";

// Set to the full url to access the value you set for $PATH.
   $URL = "http://www.gzmedia.com/cincysalons/snippetmaster";

Thanks
Dahero Sad
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 01:28:25 PM »

All I get is a blank page when I go to the URL you specified...

Let me know if you've made any modifications to any of the files and I can maybe help you out.

Cheers!
dahero

[-] Hmmm
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 09:23:00 PM »

the only think I altered was the config file and in the main.html part on threIframe trying to get it to pull that page into it. I'll put a clean version up with the exception of the config.When installed correctly where should it take me first the index.php? Hey I want you to know I appreciate you looking into this for me. I'm anewbie so be gentle Embarassed  

Dahero
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 09:28:50 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, exactly.. Why don't you start with a "clean" install, and then see if it works.  Once you get is working, then you can start playing with it.  If you change something and it breaks.. then change it back.

The first time you log into the index.php program, it should take you through the very last line.. include(/template/main.html) or something like that.  Basically, the script isn't passing itself a value for the action parameter so non of the IF's will be true.

Let me know how it goes.
dahero

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2002, 08:12:58 AM »

The first time you log into the index.php program, it should take you through the very last line.. include(/template/main.html) or something like that. Basically, the script isn't passing itself a value for the action parameter so non of the IF's will be true.

Okay from what you said above then my first move I'am to configure stuff from the index.php file is this where I run the install? I don't understand, the read me text says yo change stuff in the config file to match my directory.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2002, 11:10:11 AM »

Quote from: dahero
I don't understand, the read me text says yo change stuff in the config file to match my directory.

The only things you need to change in the whole program are the values in the config.inc.php file.  There are many variables in this file, and each one needs to be set to reflect how you have your system configured.

For example, if you wish to use a folder NOT called "snippetmaster", then you would need to change the $PATH variable, etc..

If you would like some installation help, perhaps I can do some of this with you.. I can either walk you through it all visually (ie: I have a program you can install that will let me "see" your desktop), or I can walk you through it via instant messanger, or we can just exchange forum emails until we get it all done.

It will be fastest if I can "see" your desktop.. let me know what you would like to do.

Cheers!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: Help, Help, HELLPPP!!! What am I doing wrong « previous next »
Jump to: