SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 18, 2018, 09:52:49 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 18, 2018, 09:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Missing the directory 'open' button! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Missing the directory 'open' button!  (Read 4775 times)
Digihound

[-] Missing the directory 'open' button!
« on: October 24, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »

When I first started using snippetmaster, and trying to navigate the pages, I could not understand why I could not find my files. I was selecting the directory in the dropdown, but not clicking the 'open' button. A day later, my client, confused, did the same.
So often we are now conditioned to expect a dropdown to initiate an action automatically. Could this be applied to the directories dropdown? It may be counter-productive to apply it to the files dropdown, as each time a file was selected it would open the editor, but for selecting directories it would make things much simpler.
Best wishes
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Missing the directory 'open' button!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »

Actually, in a previous version of Snippetmaster, this is exactly how it worked.  It automatically changed folders when selecting a different folder... there was no 'open' button.  Smile

However, I had lots of customers ask for me to stop this and to put an open button, because their customers were selecting another folder and it was automatically changing the folder and they were getting confused.

heh. 

I think maybe I might make this into a configurable option, so that it defaults to automatic change (like you have requested), but then the admin can turn that feature off if desired.

Does that sound ok?
Digihound

[-] Re: Missing the directory 'open' button!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »

hah! Aren't clients remarkable things!
If you can keep everyone happy by making it configurable, then that would be great by me!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Missing the directory 'open' button! « previous next »
Jump to: