SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 20, 2018, 11:55:13 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 11:55:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Current File « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Current File  (Read 3658 times)
bwd

[-] Current File
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:22:04 AM »

I'm looking at purchasing the PRO rebrandable version, but I have a question before I do on the "Current File" that shows when a user is logged in and editing a file.  Is there a way to only show that Current File as relative to that user's home directory ?  I don't like them being able to see the entire directory structure when they open a file to edit.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Current File
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »

Hello,

Sorry, but that is not possible.  To be honest I'm not sure why that feature would be useful, since they can see the whole folder structure by simply going to the webpage in their browser...

Let me know what is your reasoning, and if it's a useful feature then i will consider adding it in an upcoming release.  Smile

Cheers!
bwd

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:26:47 AM »

I realized I can set the CSS attributes for that area so it just isn't visible - thats really enough for me.
My reasoning is really only for the basic user-level.  I'm using symbolic links on my web server so that they can access their own directory just one off root - www.url.com/username - but when it shows Current File, it is showing the complete directory structure - www.url.com/userfiles/user_webpages/username.  You can get to the page both ways, I just don't necessarily want them to know that or go searching through user_webpages.  If that makes sense.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:26 AM »

That does make perfect sense.  I didn't consider that possiblity.  Smile

Hmmm... ok, I think I will maybe add the ability to hide the current file from being displayed as a feature in a future version.  Thanks!

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: Current File « previous next »
Jump to: