SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 05:47:12 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 05:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Adding "groups" to « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Adding "groups" to  (Read 5066 times)
NoWay_To_HeaVeN

[-] Adding "groups" to
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:25:55 AM »

Hello,
don't know if the question as been submited but...

Actually the snippet look like this
Code:
<!-- #BeginSnippet name="SnippetName" users="user1, user2, user" lastsavedts="yyyy-mm-dd hh:mn:sc" lastsavedby="user" height="500"  -->

in admin area, there is a section for group administration, to reduce the number of users that have de abilities to edit,
adding a group section can simplify the gestion and reduce the weight of the snippet line
(particulary whith a file that have more than one edition area)

Example:
group1 content : user1 user2 user3 user4
group2 content: user userA userB
group3 content: utilisateur userX userY
group4 content: xxx1 xxx2

Code:
<!-- #BeginSnippet name="SnippetName" group="group1, group2" users="utilisateur" lastsavedts="yyyy-mm-dd hh:mn:sc" lastsavedby="utilisateur" height="500"  -->

Code:
<!-- #BeginSnippet name="SnippetName" users="user1, user2,  user3, user4,user, userA, userB, utilisateur," lastsavedts="yyyy-mm-dd hh:mn:sc" lastsavedby="utilisateur" height="500"  -->

sub-groups can be a good idea too,
groupA content: group1, group3, power_user

Sorry for my bad english, i'm just french  Sad
Pascal.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Adding "groups" to
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:32:36 AM »

Ce n'est pas une problem.  J'apprend la Francais, mais j'ecore parler tres mauvais. 

(I live in Corsica, in France.)

At the moment, it is not possible to use "Groups" with the Snippet Tag.  This is a feature I will eventually add, but probably not for at least a few months.  (At the end of summer.)

The "Snippet Tag Group" feature will work just like you have described.  You will be able to add a "usergroup=name" to your Snippet Tag, and then in the Admin area, you will be able to add Users to User Groups.

Smile
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Adding "groups" to « previous next »
Jump to: