SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 22, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 22, 2018, 03:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Flash files and XML with SM « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Flash files and XML with SM  (Read 4479 times)
roguetiger

[-] Flash files and XML with SM
« on: May 25, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »

hello - this program is awesome! I have a few questions however, regarding a specific set up on my site.

I have this program set up in a client's website. They have a Flash image gallery that pulls the images from a separate XML file (located in a "gallery" folder within the site structure). I want to allow her to edit the XML file to tell the flash file to add another image. I tried setting up a snippet on the XML file and once I changed the WYSIWYG editor to plain text I was able to edit the file. Unfortunately, once this was done, the flash file stopped working on FireFox and IE.

Also, I'm not sure how to set up the site to allow the client to upload new image files to a pre-specified folder on the server. (sorry for the noob question!)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

(p.s - I'm more of a designer than coder, so I attached a file showing the structure breakdown. Hope this helps!)

* explain.jpg (73.72 KB, 120x150 - viewed 230 times.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:07:20 PM by roguetiger » Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Flash files and XML with SM
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »

Hello,

If you open the file for editing as a "whole file' in Snippetmaster editor, then it will add any missing HTML code to make the file compliant and valid HTML.  I think that's probably what's breaking the xml...

What you should do is use the "Snippet Tag" feature, so that the file is opened using "Snippet Mode", and then specify the "WYSIWYG=off" attribute.  This will make sure the editor is not used, and the file won't be messed up.

let me know how it goes.  I use Snippetmaster myself to edit XML files like this, so I know it does work.  Smile

Report to moderator   Logged
roguetiger

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

Rock out! That works.

One thing though. (I'm still learning the layout of the program)

How do I specify the "WYSIWYG=off" attribute? I found the button that allows you to edit the HTML source, but is there an easier way, or a way to set it up within the admin so it always takes the WYSIWYG editor off?

BTW, this is a fantastic program! Once you get everything set up, it makes it so easy to allow clients to edit their own site without the fear of destroying files like XML and CSS. Thank you for all your hard work!!
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 01:59:57 PM »

Hello,

You can disable the wysiwyg editor if you want in the "Editor Groups" tab of the admin area.

Or... much more flexible is to use the Snippet Tag feature and then you can enable/disable the wysiwyg editor for EACH snippet, as desired.

Here's some documentation on the Snippet Tag feature:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tags-basic-config.html

And here is the wysiwyg=off attribute:

http://www.snippetmaster.com/documentation/snippet-tag-attributes.html

Cheers!
moxcord

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »

I am also trying to do this. I have the snippet tags around what is in the xml file and it is writeable by Snippetmaster however I cannot seem to find it within Snippetmaster to edit?
 Am I missing something?
moxcord

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »

I WAS missing something
in the Admin section there's a part about editable files
xml was missing in this list so I added and BAM - worky!

hopefully this may help someone else!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Flash files and XML with SM « previous next »
Jump to: