SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

April 25, 2018, 08:15:32 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2018, 08:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: CSS Styles & PHP Includes « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CSS Styles & PHP Includes  (Read 5947 times)
xzab

[-] CSS Styles & PHP Includes
« on: February 28, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »

I was wondering if there has been any progression on CSS & PHP Includes.  I have <?PHP include('header.php');?> in each of my pages and therefore no pages CSS is picked up in the snippets.  I looked through the posts to see if that was fixed but didn't find anything.  Please let me know if I missed anything.

Thoughts for a quick fix:  Put a spot in the admin where you can specify stylesheet(s) and/or just classes that it should use.  That way if people use includes, you can still select the class because it looked specifically for the stylesheet.

Just a thought, looking forward to a solution.  Thanks!

p.s.  I've been looking forward to finding a good CMS that doesn't let my client hack my designs apart for 10 years now and finally I will use one -- this one!  Thank you!

P.s.s.  Is there any chance this will eventually use a database instead of writing to the files directly?
Report to moderator   Logged
tkrell

[-] Re: CSS Styles & PHP Includes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »

I would like an answer to this as well. I have all the code for my stylesheets coming from a php include, so I can't get the visual styling for my user when they edit the page. It would be nice if I could just point Snippet Master to a stylesheet to use for all of the pages it edits when it can't find one.
cedarcreek

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »

I too would like to know a work-around for this. I have tried to copy the stylesheet into the main web root as well as the snippetmaster dir without much luck. Seems like a pretty common practice to have CSS included dynamically, so it would be great to get this working for future clients.
cedarcreek

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »

Just trying to keep this at the top of the stack. It's becoming more important for my business...as this CMS is darn near perfect! But, this issue is really making tough to integrate into sites with server-included CSS.

Thanks much!
cedarcreek

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »

Anything? Did I miss an update? This issue continues to hamper our use of SM Pro.
davert

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »

For what it's worth, this issue will probably remain until the latest version of TinyMCE is used. I took a look at Toko, a similar system, and it has the same problems, only worse, becuase it's using FCKeditor; the very latest version of which, renamed to CKeditor for obvious reasons, has the same problem, namely, that it does not recognize class styles and is totally incapable of every adapting to them.

Kudos to Henri for choosing the right text editor; I only hope he can update Snippetmaster sometime soon to use the newest TinyMCE.

Really, that would solve a lot of problems even if it was the ONLY thing he did, including complete Mac compatibility.

PS> Toko does have one interesting twist - you can hard-code the CSS file into the snippet code (the <!-- bit where you define users, the name, etc. for Snippetmaster) so Toko knows what CSS file to use. Though, as I've said, Toko's use of (F)CKeditor means that CSS classes cannot be modified or added.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:58:22 AM by davert » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: CSS Styles & PHP Includes « previous next »
Jump to: