SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 17, 2018, 03:38:04 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 03:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: thumbnails « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: thumbnails  (Read 5145 times)
jdawes

[-] thumbnails
« on: December 31, 2002, 12:04:44 PM »

no idea how feasible it is but.... thumbnail image management.

Briefly: customers can edit pages of pics and text, but be good if there was some sort of auto thumbnail option where they could select to 'insert a thumbnail' and it would put in a resized image and link that image to the larger one in a popup window or something.

Implementing something like this, I can imagine that it would prob be a whole lot of work if the editing software doesnt support it but its just a suggestion, In the mean time, I'm going to keep looking for a photo gallery program that I can use in conjunction with snippetM which will fulfill the purpose and is easy to install .. its the installing bit i get stuck on, so far the ones i have tried have poor documentation to setup....
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 12:42:51 PM »

That's a good suggestion, and I have marked it down as something to consider.  I can see the value in this..

If you're looking for an excellent photo gallery system that is easy to use, then I highly recommend Gallery.  You can find it here:

http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

If you'd like to see the script in action, you can check out a recent site I developed that uses the gallery: http://www.daveroels.com/  (Just click on any of the "gallery" nav links..)

Cheers!
jdawes

[-] cool. glad u though it was a good idea
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 04:00:01 PM »

i had a look at the image gallery, but im struggling with the netbpm installation. As in, don't really understand what is required of me or if I just ask my web host to install it.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] thumbnails
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 04:01:55 PM »

You can do two things:

1. Install the files yourself.  (Just upload them to your hosting account and then make sure to make them executable.)

2. Ask your webhost if they are already installed, and where they are located.

I suggest #1, because then you aren't dependent on your web host.. just in case you wanted to move somewhere else.  The gallery website should have a link to the download area for the files you need.
Axel Ko

[-] thumbnails
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 03:06:38 PM »

Henry,

It would be really great if you can manupulate (resize, convert, etc.) images during upload. This is a feature that no other html editor has.

Greetz,

Axel
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] thumbnails
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 12:42:53 AM »

Quote from: Axel Ko
It would be really great if you can manupulate (resize, convert, etc.) images during upload. This is a feature that no other html editor has.

Noted.  Good suggestion, and I will consider this one...  (especially because I could use this functionality in a current project I'm working on!)

Very Happy
Rom

[-] Creating Thumbnails
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 11:43:43 AM »

Hello,

If you try to use GD to resample images (GD is the graphical library used by PHP, the programming language used in SnippetMaster) it will not give the correct graphic treatment needed in a resizing/resample operation. In other words the thumbnails would appear fuzzy, blurred.

I would recommend you to use a proper application for that. One that would have enough CPU power and would not take a lot of time to do like a server would take. IRFANVIEW. It is fast and reliable. And it is free. The option you are looking for is in the FILE menu under THUMBNAILS. It also creates the HTML for you, that you can specify to be the way you want it, even with a <SNIPPET> Tag around it.  Wink

http://www.irfanview.com

Best regards,

Rom
Axel Ko

[-] thumbnails
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2003, 12:16:02 PM »

Rom,

I already use irfanview with the thumbs and so, but this is clientsite and to complicated for a lot of users. It would nice to have functions like gallery or use imagemagik, serversite.

Greetz,
Axel
Rom

[-] Java is your best shot
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2003, 02:14:53 PM »

Hello,

Java is your best shot so. You only need to call it from PHP. Simple to do.

http://itg.sourceforge.net/

Also there is the famous SiteGuru's Thumbnail generator:

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/18800.html

All in PHP. I do not recall what libs you need compiled with PHP...

Have fun,

Rom
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: thumbnails « previous next »
Jump to: