SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 23, 2018, 10:09:34 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 23, 2018, 10:09:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Adding a new file « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Adding a new file  (Read 2959 times)
bsaul

[-] Adding a new file
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:00:30 AM »

How do others here address the issue of adding a new file?

A "Save As" option would cover it, but in the meantime, just wondered what others here did.

Thanks

Barbara
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: Adding a new file
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 01:03:20 PM »

What do you mean by "add a new file"? If you mean create a new web page then this cannot be done currently. If you mean upload an image or pdf file etc then this can be done in the Pro version.

Kelvyn
bsaul

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »

Apologies for not being clear - quite right. 

A new web page - indeed I know we cannot do this as yet, but looking to provide the most efficient workaround.  Logic suggests to create a bunch of draft pages that can be edited.  Just wondered if any other solutions work for fellow SnippetMaster users.

Thanks
Jenkinhill

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

Logic suggests to create a bunch of draft pages that can be edited.

Yes, that is the "solution". The snippet tags should be in place in the editable content divs so the user can enter the page content. There is a drawback if the user is permitted to edit the page menu as it may contain nested li tags or JavaScript which could be corrupted by the editor, but the menu on each page must be edited if the new page is to be included in the site structure and linked from a "main" menu. A new page could be added as a simple link on a page, though, or to the main menu it used tables, for example.

My solution is to allow the page to be created by the cllient and then I'll step in and add it to the navigation menus.

Kelvyn
jrouse

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 06:30:27 AM »

I am new to the program and have read the above posts.  I am still unclear on how to add a new page or draft.  I have created my home page with all of the links and would like to move on to create the other pages on the site.

JR
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Adding a new file « previous next »
Jump to: