SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

May 21, 2018, 10:08:46 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: No modification? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: No modification?  (Read 2756 times)
CarlSeiler

[-] No modification?
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:25:32 PM »

The license agreement says in section 4:
  • You may not modify, sublicense, copy, rent, sell, distribute or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this Agreement.
  • You may not reverse engineer, decompile, translate, create derivative works, decipher, decrypt, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a more human-readable form for any reason.

And the way "Software" is defined is so broad as to include basically everything you get in the package:
  • "Software" means the product provided to You by Vendor, which includes computer software and may include associated software components, associated media, printed materials, and "online" or electronic documentation.

Is there some "out" in the phrase "except as provided in this Agreement" and some exceptions I missed elsewhere in the agreement?  Otherwise, the way I read it, no modification is allowed under the license.  And since it's definition of "Software" is broad, that would seem to include templates and CSS, in addition to the PHP and other included scripts.  Clarification would be helpful.

Thanks,
Carl
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: No modification?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:18:16 PM »

You may modify the header and footer template files only with the "rebrandable" version.  You can modify the CSS files for the free LITE version, if you desire. 

No other modifications to the program are allowed.  (It's encrypted anyway, so doing so would be difficult.)

I hope that clarifies it for you?

Let me know..

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Pre-Sales Questions  |  Topic: No modification? « previous next »
Jump to: