SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 16, 2018, 07:50:57 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: CSS not working « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CSS not working  (Read 2755 times)
4yourname

[-] CSS not working
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »

I have several styles embedded in my page and the snippets on that page are not picking them up in the Styles drop-down for the page.

In the FAQ it says:
Does the WYSIWYG visual editor work with CSS?
Yes! Any embedded or linked style sheets in the page being edited will be automatically "found" by SnippetMaster and made available during editing. Not only will all your CSS styles be available for selection from the "styles" toolbar menu, but the editor will actually display your page using the right styles.
With SnippetMaster, your web page editing is truly "What You See Is What You Get".

This is not what is happening. Using Pro rebrandable version. Any idea why???
Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

[-] Re: CSS not working
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »

The CSS dropdown menu in the editor is populated by any style class or id declared in a linked CSS file or defined in a page header. In-line styles declared in page body elements are dealt with differently as they should only apply to the element in which they are embedded. These have no defined class or id, so will not show in the CSS menu. The style will, of course, show in the WYSIWYG window if the in-line styled element is within an editable snippet.

At least that's how I have always understood this!  Confused

Kelvyn
4yourname

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

My styles are between the head tags, like:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {color: #014435}
.style3 {font-size: 12px}
.style4 {
   font-size: 12px;
   color: #014435;
   font-weight: bold;
}
.style5 {color: #014435; font-size: 12px;}
-->
</style>

but they are still not in the drop-down.

Jenkinhill

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:59:44 AM »

OK, we are seeing browser differences here. The styles in the head do poplulate the menu in IE7 (and IE6). Only styles in a linked style sheet show up in FireFox/Moz and in Opera 7.21 the dropdown menu does not work at all. I only use FireFox myself, and all other browsers for testing purposes, but also I only ever write sites with linked style sheets so have not seen this issue and most of my clients use IE.

These problems are related to the tinyMCE editor used by SnippetMaster, and have been discussed in the TinyMCE forum. A possible fix for FireFox is to use the latest version of tinyMCE - see here. You can overwrite the tinyMCE in the SnippetMaster includes directory (backup first...)

Kelvyn
4yourname

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 05:03:11 AM »

I moved styles to external file and all is well -- I use FireFox...

Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Installation Issues  |  Topic: CSS not working « previous next »
Jump to: