SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 01:25:40 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 01:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Import/Add accounts in bulk? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Import/Add accounts in bulk?  (Read 3083 times)
anthonyv

[-] Import/Add accounts in bulk?
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:29:50 AM »

Hi there,

i will be using snippetmaster to allow a large number of cients to edit a single page withi their own folders.

My problem is that with 383 clients, setting up an account for each one is going to be a tedious task.
Is there a way i could create account in bulk? - generally i'd use a CSV import option, but Snippet Master does not seem to have anything like this.

How/where could i find an SQL entry/example that would allow me to do this in bulk?

I could provide the details for each client as follows;

username|password|firstname|lastname|email|language|enabled|privilages|starting_folder|starting_url|allow_uploads|quota|can_manage_files|upload_grp|list_grp|editor_grp|notes

anthony|testpass|anthony|verma|anthonyv@officeclub.co.uk|english|yes|user|/home/mydomain.co.uk/anthony/|http://www.mydomain.co.uk/anthony/|no|-1|no|uploadgroup1|listgroup1|editorgroup1|no notes

james|james0000|James|Todd|james.t@somedomain.co.uk|english|yes|user|/home/mydomain.co.uk/james/|http://www.mydomain.co.uk/james/|no|-1|no|uploadgroup1|listgroup1|editorgroup1|no notes

How could i import this data into the SQL database so that effectively i'm bulk importing users?

Please advise.

Much appreciated.

Anthony.
Report to moderator   Logged
anthonyv

[-] Re: Import/Add accounts in bulk?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 02:39:55 AM »

Ok, i found that in the file: /mailclub/editor/snippet-db/68ab106xxx/users.php, the kind of values i was looking for... eg:

id#username#password#first_name#last_name#email#enabled#start_root#start_url#language#allow_uploads#user_type#list_group#upload_group#edit_group#description#manage_files#disk_quota

however, when i look a few lines down at the entry for a user already setup, i found that the password was encrypted?

so if i wanted to add additional lines to this file, how would i encrypt the passwords?

Please advise.

Thank you.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:13:22 AM »

Hello,

At the moment, there is no way to do an import of users into the database file... There is also no way for you to use the encryption system outside of SnippetMaster.

However... what I can do is take a look at maybe creating an "external encryption engine" or something so that you can do this.  For example, you would give it a list of your users and details you want added to the database, and it will take the "plain-text" password you provided and then spit out an encrypted version.

Let me know what kind of timeline you have for this, as I'm pretty swamped with other work at the moment.  (I have a full-time job, and paying my bills comes first..)

Let me know..

anthonyv

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:10 AM »

Hey there,

thanks for the prompt reply.

something along those lines would be great, just any method of me speeding up the process of adding nearly 400 accounts.

In terms of time scale, ideally something by friday would be great.

Please provide a quote for this work and i will consult my manager.

Thanks.
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 03:22:25 AM »

I'll send you a PM with details...
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  How To's & FAQs  |  Topic: Import/Add accounts in bulk? « previous next »
Jump to: