SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

January 22, 2018, 04:02:35 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 22, 2018, 04:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: session has expired... and other problems « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: session has expired... and other problems  (Read 3610 times)
abrooke10

[-] session has expired... and other problems
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »

I'm using the LITE version and am very interested in purchasing PRO if I can get LITE to run smoothly. After logging in and choosing a file I get this message:

Your session has expired...

For security purposes, user sessions expire after approximately 25 minutes of inactivity.

Logging in again repeats the same message. I've tried on two different computers on both Firefox and Safari.
I noticed someone else had this problem in a post made a while back but I couldn't find a solution.

This is a new problem, it was working yesterday.

Although when it was
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: session has expired... and other problems
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »

I don't recommend using SnippetMaster with Safari on the MAC.  You're better to use firefox.

The session issue you described is something that can't be changed within Snippetmaster.  It is controlled 100% by your web server configuration. If it changed recently, then it's because your web hosting provider has made some change. I recommend contacting them and asking them what changes they made recently to the PHP configuration.  (Specifically, the PHP Sessions configuration is what controlls this.)

For the spacing issue... I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Does it do this problem on the snippetmaster demo here on the site?  (www.snippetmaster.com/demo/)

If so, let me know exactly how to recreate the problem and I'll take a look.
garvin

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

All right. I am having the same issue. Everytime I make a change or a client makes a change and hits preview it logs them off and then erases any changes that were made. I read this and contacted my host. They said that they hadn't made any changes however if a change was needed to be made, I could change it via the php.ini file.

So, what would I need to update to get this working properly?
abrooke10

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »

I contacted my host about this problem and in my case the problem was "The session save path has been set for the account but /cgi-bin/tmp directory was missing." So they "created /cgi-bin/tmp directory which fixed your issue." They also said, "you might have mistakenly deleted the /cgi-bin/tmp directory .This directory exists in the backup copy of the Web site which means you have recently deleted this directory"

I'm a super beginner so I don't know what this means really. But it's fixed now. I'm not sure if this is the problem in your case but it was mine.  Hope this helps!
garvin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »

Where is this set? As far as the session save path? In the script or for the server overall?
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:54:44 PM »

If you send me your SnippetMaster URL, I'll run some diagnostics and see if I can figure if the problem is with the PHP Sessions.  You can send to "henri @ snippetmaster. com".

Cheers.
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  General Discussion & Support  |  Topic: session has expired... and other problems « previous next »
Jump to: