SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 20, 2018, 05:27:48 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2018, 05:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Linking MP3 files « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Linking MP3 files  (Read 6731 times)
Roger

[-] Linking MP3 files
« on: January 20, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »

On my site, a couple of users need to download MP3 files and then link them from their web page.
I tested it with them. The loading worked fine, but, when trying to put the link to the file in the page, I could not 'browse' to the file. It could not be seen. So I had to type in the full URL. This is rather tedious and its easy to get the folder and/or file name spelling wrong.
Since file types such as .pdf and .zip are in the list for linking, could we have .mp3 and maybe a few more media file types?
Or, a more general question, why can't you 'browse' to all file types? IE7 and the like are well equipped nowadays to deal with all sorts of fie types.
Its feels a bit like the default Windows Notepad configuration. When you open a folder in Notepad, it assumes you only want to  open .txt files although I usually want to open a script, html page or something so I have to 'show all files' every time.
Have I missed something simple in admin?
Roger
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Linking MP3 files
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:44:11 AM »

Hello,

It defaults to only popular file types, because the majority of people who use SnippetMaster will get confused if they see "css" files when trying to find an HTML link. 

You can add the .mp3 filetype to the list of files to display in the file browser by modifying the program settings.  It should take you about 30 seconds to do this.

Let me know if you get stuck...
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »

That being said.. I have added the "mp3" filetype as a filetype that will now be displayed by default for all new installations. (Instead of hidden)   This will be included in the next release.

Thanks!

(And let me know if you get stuck on how to add the mp3 filetype as an allowable file to see in the file browser window...)
Roger

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

Yes
I did not realize that the allowable file type list was actually editable!
I changed it very quickly and I can now see the mp3 files.
Many thanks

Roger
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 11:11:42 AM »

No problem.

Pretty much everything in SnippetMaster is editable in the admin area.  I tried to make it as "easy" to manage all the admin stuff as possible.  There should never be any need to edit any configuration files or things like that...

Smile

Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Linking MP3 files « previous next »
Jump to: