SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 21, 2018, 11:12:03 PM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 11:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: File browse problem with FireFox 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: File browse problem with FireFox 2  (Read 5447 times)
Jenkinhill

[-] File browse problem with FireFox 2
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:02:36 AM »

I have a problem with the link or image editor pop-up windows in FireFox 2. There is no button to browse for a file in the pop-up window. And the cancel button on the pop-up does not function. I have attached a screen shot of the problem and of the output from the Error Console.

I have installed the latest version of TinyMCE (2.0.8 ) in the includes folder but the problem still exists. FireFox 2 works just fine on the TinyMCE test page, both advanced and full featured.

* browsebutton.png (3.77 KB, 150x30 - viewed 331 times.)
* console2.png (1.76 KB, 150x22 - viewed 332 times.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:06:56 AM by Jenkinhill » Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: File browse problem with FireFox 2
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:08:53 AM »

Hmm... I haven't tested with firefox 2 yet, so I'm not sure.  Can you try it from a different computer and see if that makes any difference?

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem yet.

Let me know.

Report to moderator   Logged
Jenkinhill

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:02 AM »

Henri, I have tried this on another PC already - same problem and same error messages.

I think I have found the cause of the problem, though. When I disable the adblock extension the browse facility is restored. I'll look further into this, but am puzzled that it worked OK on the TinyMCE test page.

Adblock is a very popular FireFox extension!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:08:24 AM by Jenkinhill » Report to moderator   Logged

Kelvyn
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:13:56 AM »

Hmm..  that is strange.  So somehow the adblock extension thinks the button is an ad?  But only for Snippetmaster and not the tinymce test page?

Very odd.  Let me know what you find out, and I'll check into it in more detail.  The button is "enabled" with certain javascript code on the editor load page, so maybe something in there is the problem?

Jenkinhill

[-] Re: File browse problem with FireFox 2 - Sorted
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 05:15:59 AM »

Further to this, there is no need to deactivate Adblock entirely. Just using Adblock's "Whitelist this whole site" facility everything works as it should.

Seems that something in SnippetMaster's incorporation of the editor is triggering Adblock to treat some functions as being advert related and is suppressing them. At least we know a "cure", if not what is the real cause!

Kelvyn
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: File browse problem with FireFox 2 « previous next »
Jump to: