SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 19, 2018, 05:57:13 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2018, 05:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Selection of styles in style dropdown list would be handy « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Selection of styles in style dropdown list would be handy  (Read 7397 times)
pwhbell

[-] Selection of styles in style dropdown list would be handy
« on: November 09, 2006, 03:49:23 AM »

Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Selection of styles in style dropdown list would be handy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 05:04:32 AM »

This is a feature I am hoping to add within a few months.  I didn't add this ability previously, because I thought it would be too complex, etc.  (ie: The admin would need to add all the desired styles, etc..) and I want to keep the software as simple as possible.

However, enough people have asked for this feature that I'll probably add it in.  Smile

pwhbell

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:21:36 AM »

I guess you could do it a number of ways:

1) A simple-ish (but perhaps rather brut force way) is to allow the user to just type the name of a style and add it to a list, which is filtered in the style dropdown. But there might be potential problems with spelling errors in the style list, etc and of course you'll need more functionality in your admin area.

2) Allowing a developer to add a special "SnippetMaster" style sheet as a comment much like you can already add snippet comments in the html to define areas to edit. This special stylesheet could then be read and picked up by your tool, thus filtering the unwanted styles. Perhaps a bit more work for the developer?

Well, you're the genious - I'm sure you'll figure out a better solution!

Thanks again, I think I will use your tool and donate at some point!

Looking forward to this feature being added. I'm sure it's hard to balance having a simple tool and also satisfying all feature requests!

Regards,

Philip Bell
Creative Director
www.theincrediblemachine.co.uk

admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »

I like the suggestion to have a special stylesheet.

Once I am ready to add this feature, I'll take a look and see what is the best way to do it, so it has maximum use, but still simple to understand..  I'll update this thread with what I propose and then you can let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Smile
Pangdene

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »

I like the suggestion to have a special stylesheet.
me too!

Regards
P Smile
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Selection of styles in style dropdown list would be handy « previous next »
Jump to: