SnippetMaster Support Forums
Return to main website

February 22, 2018, 10:57:50 AM
* Show unread posts since last visit.
* Show new replies to your posts.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2018, 10:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:  
Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Wording - deactivating Demo Mode « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wording - deactivating Demo Mode  (Read 3928 times)
Artisan

The World Wide Web needn't cost the earth.

[-] Wording - deactivating Demo Mode
« on: August 12, 2006, 06:48:22 AM »

I needed to deactivate Demo Mode in my SnmippetMaster demo, first being careful to make a note of the instruction for deactivating it when the alert popped up as I selected "Yes", and I thought that the instruction was a bit confusing. It tells you to download and open the "program_settings.php" file, but doesn't say which one!

Needless to say, after much searching, I found the one in "/install/dbtemplate/" first and couldn't figure out why it was already set to "demo_mode#0" - it wasn't until I searched the forum that I found out it should have been the one in "snippet-db/[random folder name]/"

Any chance of putting the full path into the pop-up instruction?

Malcolm
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

[-] Re: Wording - deactivating Demo Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 09:21:17 AM »

Sometimes after I've stared at something too long, it stops making sense to me... that's probably why the text isn't very good.

I have better instructions here:
http://www.snippetmaster.com/forums/index.php/topic,787.0.html

The problem with being "too" specific with instructions in the popup is that I need to consider the needs of the resellers who might have the program rebranded, etc...

I am totally open to changing the popup text, however.  Let me know what you feel would be better text to put there, and I'll include it with the next release.  Smile  My goal is to make everything in snippetmaster easy to understand and use, so if the text needs to be adjusted, just let me know what improvement to make. 

Thanks!
Artisan

The World Wide Web needn't cost the earth.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

Actually, the text in the alert pop-up is fine, it's the help tooltip pop-up where the info about the file is. Maybe you could just expand on the info about the file right at the bottom of the tooltip, changing it to something like:

(Download the file program_settings.php from the folder snippet-db/[random folder name]/, change "demo_mode#1" to "demo_mode#0", and re-upload)

Malcolm
admin
Forum Administrator

SnippetMaster Author

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »

...changing it to something like:

(Download the file program_settings.php from the folder snippet-db/[random folder name]/, change "demo_mode#1" to "demo_mode#0", and re-upload)

The problem is that the path (snippet-db/random folder name) could be anything.  For example, you could call it "/yourpath/to/somewhere/randomfolder/". 

Most of the people who rebrand snippetmaster typically also rename this "snippet-db" folder, as they prefer to have no trace back to anything that has "snippet" in it, etc...

I'll review the text, however, and try to get it more clear.  Smile

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
SnippetMaster Support Forums  |  General  |  Suggestions & Feature Requests  |  Topic: Wording - deactivating Demo Mode « previous next »
Jump to: